cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My connection has been "fixed"

N/A

well, it's taken them almost exactly a week, but today I got an update on my call.
It told me that their tests had identified that I had the wrong settings on my router... Normally, I would be thinking "silly me, all this fuss about nothing". But hang on, it's the same fucking settings they told me to check when I first reported the fault. Oh, and hang on again. When I got home today, my router was syncd and connected without me doing anything.
Fishy huh?
So imagine my uncontainable delight when I fired up my PC, got on the 'net and realised that my previously rock-solid 1Mb had come back after its 7 day holiday at a whopping, 189k.
Fucking great. Good job plus net, tiscalli, BT, whoever's fucking fault it is. You are a bunch of fucking useless monkeys.
13 REPLIES
Laugh
Grafter

this is wot we like to see - another satisfied customer.. :lol:

You're not having much luck are you?

Still in the words of the song - Always look on the bright side of life...

Ta da etc.

Hope you get sorted soon Wink
N/A

""Still in the words of the song - Always look on the bright side of life...

Ta da etc. ""

That's a Pipex theme song DR used it all the time......... Cheesy
Laugh
Grafter

We're not helping, you know :lol:
N/A

NTL are coming tomorrow to install my 4Mb cable connection. Apparently unlimited downloads and it's the same price as my plusnet connection give or take a quid or two.
I still have to serve out my 30 day stretch, so I'll be coming in here to laugh at you all and say ner-ner-ner-ner-ner :lol:
N/A

Now another python song comes to mind...

Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!
N/A

If your having NTL installed, ask them if you can have a box that actually works Smiley
N/A

You know what? Even if I get one that doesn't, i bet it wont take them 5 days to troubleshoot, a further 2 days to tell me about it and then another day to send me a box that is all smashed up and doesn't work right... all the time blaming someone else.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
shellsong
Grafter

He's right you know, NTL have noone to blame but themselves-- or the customer! :lol:

When you eventually find yourself in the inner circle of NTL Hell you will have noone to blame but NTL and yourself! Wink The tales about your chosen new provider are legion!
N/A

If your having NTL installed, ask them if you can have a box that actually works Smiley

You know what? Even if I get one that doesn't, i bet it wont take them 5 days to troubleshoot, a further 2 days to tell me about it and then another day to send me a box that is all smashed up and doesn't work right... all the time blaming someone else.

Wanna bet? I've had a faulty box for several months, and all NTL say is basically that I'm a liar, and there's nothing wrong with my box... But... they've not even been and looked at it!

I wouldn't say a box that can take anything between 15 and 20 seconds to change the channel or bring up the "Now/next" listing fully working when a neighbours takes less than a second. Yet, this isn't possible apparently, and it must be due to the fact that I'm not using it correctly...

Right.....
N/A

Im not getting their telly or phone services, just their broadband.
I am an IT person by trade, and work with lots of other IT people. I have heard nothing but praise for their broadband offering from my colleagues.
The same kind of praise I used to sing about PN before they got shit.

At the end of the day, I can not get much of a service with ADSL - I live too far from the exchange. I stuck with ADSL mainly because I have been a customer of PN for so long and was so satisfied with them, that I kept with them when I moved in to this area. Now that they have forced me to leave them, I thought I might as well get cable broadband and the far superior bandwidths it offers me (up to 10Mb in my area).

I realise that NTL are not perfect, but then they can't be worse for customer service than PN. At least you get to speak to someone, even if it is an indian reading a script :lol:
N/A

Yeah, I've not heard many complains about there broadband apart from the fact that there usenet servers are complete kack (pity there's no emoticon for throwing up...).

Still, there's loads of other usenet servers around, so it's not exactly the end of the world, and I guess the proportion of people who have broadband from them to the people that actually use the servers in question is not sufficiently high enough to warrant the hardware costs.
vic_newey
Grafter

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Forum Rules

Sorry to hijack the thread

I dont quite understand the logic behind this john, how can someone quoting the last post in a thread actually know how many others may post in the meantime whilst typing an answer

You did this to my post the other day & could have ruined the thread as pointed out by others http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45997&highlight=

When the quoted post is only a couple of lines in the first place it seems a somewhat pointless exersise.

EDIT: please don't quote me on this
Shocked :mrgreen:
Community Veteran

Quoting is a very useful tool if its used properly.
What tends to happen though is people get into bad habits and just hit the quote button every time for a reply instead of thinking first.
This can make annoying reading when you keep scanning over the same text again.

There is never any need to quote an entire post if your reply follows straight after it.
You can by all means quote from parts of a that post if it's a long one and you need to make it clear which part your are replying to.

If you find on a busy thread that other posters have "jumped in" between you replying and your post is now not directly following the one you were refering to, then there is nothing to stop you editing your reply and inserting a quote.

The removal of full quotes (even short ones) in replies imediately following a post is to prevent this bad habit developing and to make the forums easier and more enjoyable to read.