cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plus has been down for 20 hours now - anyone else???????

N/A

not been able to get through since 5pm friday night and still can't - what is going on pleaseHuh?
22 REPLIES
N/A

Hi garry,

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear about your problems you are having.

Could you answer a couple of questions please which should help us to help you.

Do you/ Or have you lost sync ( lil green light on your router or modem )?
Have you tried a different filter?
Have you tried an alternate hardware device ( new router or modem )?
Have you tried connecting via the master socket ( behind the face plate)?

I know these may be basic questions but if we know what has and has not been tried we then know where to head with regards to offering help and advice.

PS I am going to move this thread to the "Community Support" forum as it will get larger coverage there and is also suited to this area.

Regards,
N/A

I am now up and running but this message from Plus below seems to coincide closely with the time that I lost connections.
It looks as though Plus did something they shouldn't have done.

Service Notice: SN27280645
Raised: 2006-03-24 17:37:15 by: Support
Bandwidth usage has been reset
N/A

garry,

Are you on PAYG at all?
That item is merely saying that your bandwidth usage for last month has been reset which makes me believe you have just been billed and have paid.
The only possible explanation could be that you ran out of BW and was cut off pending a reset or further capacity was bought.
But once again this would only be if you are on PAYG.

Regards,
N/A

Broadband down most of time

Is this already being addressed? For the last few weeks my broadband has been intermittent. I tried today and finally got through around 2pm. Most evenings I'm lucky if I get anything. It's pot luck these days. Surely i should be getting a credit to my account
N/A

panintegral,

Welcome to the boards.
There have been cases where by something small happens within the street or your household which affect your broadband. I know this sounds a little daft, but it is possible that a street lamp turning on could knock your net off, or something electrical inside of your house.

Alternatively have you tried connecting via the main BT Master socket in the house and see whether the problem still exists? Also try a different filter.

Regards,
N/A

I have tried using without the filter, taking out the telephone, etc. But it's still a lottery. How come now it's working perfectly but this morning and last night no luck? If it's something like a street lamp, what action can I take?
N/A

panintegral,

I did not mean for you to try "Without" your filter but with an alternative one thus ruling out it being your filter.

If it is something such as the street lamp causing a problem I am not sure what can be done tbh as I have never found myself in such a situation nor have I ever had the pleasure to aid anyone in such a circumstance.
I think though you would be able to get all the info needed from Plusnet and Dave or Jon in comms will try their hardest to aid. What I do know is that if its something as daft as a streetlamp you will have this problem regardless of ISP.

Regards,
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi panintegral,

I'd suggest taking a look through

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10

and

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

to see if anything there helps, if not then raise it through to the support team use the automated fault checker on the fault and we can run some remote testing to see if we can find a problem.
N/A

Are you connecting though a router?

If so what make and model is it?

Are you able to determine what gateway you are on? ( ask customer support to help you on this one... it is laborious process I know). Wink

Any information you can give will assist in the correct identification of the precise fault you are experiencing...

Would you be on a Netgear router?
N/A

garry,

Are you on PAYG at all?
That item is merely saying that your bandwidth usage for last month has been reset which makes me believe you have just been billed and have paid.
The only possible explanation could be that you ran out of BW and was cut off pending a reset or further capacity was bought.
But once again this would only be if you are on PAYG.

Regards,

I am not on PAYG.
N/A

I tried raising through the plusnet support. I don't think they found any fault. I don't have a router. it's not PAYG. It worked all day yesterday, no problem.
N/A

Does the DSL light stay on when you lose your connection?
N/A

Which one is the DSL light? Is that the middle one? If yes, it flashes. The one on the right never comes on.
N/A

Does the one that flashes have any lettering by or under it?