cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Max DSL speeds. Is this accurate?

N/A

My Max DSL speeds. Is this accurate?

It has now been 2 weeks now since I got my line connected in my new house and I am on the Max DSL up to 8MB connection. My router is reporting a line sync of approx 7500kbps although it was at the full 8200kbps (approx) for a few days as well. I have been rebooting every day as recommended but Plus Net is showing my stable rate as 5500kbps.
For the last couple of days I have managed a speed test in the morning which has exceeded 4000kbps which isn't as high as I was hoping for but till not too shabby. The problem is doing any form of downloading this morning for example was very slow - downloading a file from Microsoft for example was around 10k/sec where as before I would get over 200k/sec prior to Max DSL. General browsing is very slow too which pictures gradually appearing on screen, much in a similar fashion to an old dial up modem at 56 kbps. This is on sites such as BBC, sky sports and sky news.
Finally, in the evenings, I have had a speed test as low as 300kbps which is much slower than I even had prior to Max DSL.
Any ideas on this?