cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BB Easystart is finally finished! But now what?

Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

OK, my BB Easystart has finished. I've paid all 12 billings. Should I swap to 512k Home Premier straight away now? Or wait until the exchange enables MaxDSL and then swap? By the way, what is this queue-jumping business? I don't think I quite understand it.
18 REPLIES
N/A

RE: EasyStart and Upgrade

@ hongming

I would personally wait until the next time your monthly bill comes around if you have already been charged for that month.

All EasyStart customers can "wait" to be transferred onto FUP £21.99 package. However we will still have to pay £24.99 (Unfair I know Sad ) If and when we switch to the Premier £21.99 package it will cost £14.99 (admin fee) to do so.

Queue jumping

I would not bother with this, the hype has made people do this due to the announcement of these free upgrades by BT. If you did want to queue jump it would cost another £14.99 to do so, as PlusNet would have to pay BT to manually upgrade your line.

My Advice

WAIT
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

But surely, it would be a better idea to switch now rather than paying another £24.99 for the 13th month of the contract, when I could be paying £21.99? I will have to downgrade and pay the fee either way, won't I?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The downgrade fee will be applicable regardless of whether you jump the queue or not, so there is no reason to not downgrade the account now.

Most downgrades are actioned the day before the next billing date, so there is no need to wait for that either.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

I'm not entirely sure what queue-jumping actually is. Is it getting BT to upgrade the line early or something?
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

Does that mean I'll be on 2mb when I switch to the £21.99?
N/A

Queue jumping is as the name implies.

PlusNet have arranged with BT to upgrade all customers, to the fastest speeds customers lines will allow (upto 2Mb right now).

Dates for these upgrades are still to be announced, but information is approaching soon.

Unfortunatly, some do not wish to wait for this free upgrade, so are asking PlusNet to arrange an immediate regrade (jumping the queue to be upgraded for free). This is using the existing upgrade system, which comes at a cost of £14.99 for the speed change.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

So since I need to go from BB Easystart to Home Premier 30gb anyway, I might as well "jump the queue", pay the fee, and move myself onto 2mb?
Community Veteran

It will actually cost you £29.99 to do what you want. £14.99 for the downgrade in monthly fee (24.99 -> 21.99) and £15 for the speed upgrade to 2Mbs.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

OK I'm beginning to understand. I can either

a) Pay £29.99 fee to move from BB Easystart 512k (£24.99 per month) to Home Premier 30Gb 2Mb (£21.99 per month).

or

b) Wait on BB Easystart 512k (£24.99 per month) until I am upgraded to Home Premier 30Gb 2Mb for free, although I will still be paying £24.99 a month.

So, if I pick option B, is there anyway to reduce that £24.99 to £21.99?
Community Veteran

Yes, you actually have three options...

1. Pay £29.99 to move now to Home Premier 30GB on 2Mbps
2. Pay £14.99 to move to Home Premier 30GB, keeping your existing speed until you're upgraded for free whenever that happens
3. Pay nothing, and remain on Easystart, again keeping your existing speed until you're upgraded for free.

Thomas
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

How do I achieve option 2 instead of option 1?

i.e. how do I specify whether I want to jump the queue when I move products?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

When you go through the upgrade wizard it will ask you if you want to upgrade your speed now or wait for the bulk regrades.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

I've already been billed for the 12th time, therefore I can change without the surcharge,correct?
Community Veteran

Yup.

Thomas