cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PlusNet Service Status Emails

N/A

I dragged myself out of bed this morning, feeling rather fragile. Wink Looked at my emails, thought "Oh no, the spammers have got me." (large number of new emails)
On looking I found that PN had sent me multiple copies of the overnight status emails, am I alone in this?
12 REPLIES
N/A

I know its early but that is mentioned here http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24874

I was in the same boat as you. Bombarded with emails.
Community Veteran

I expect that you would get 2 copies of each mail. One addressed to towil@username etc and the second addressed to postmaster@username etc.

This is the norm as many people when they sign up either dont give a plusnet mail address or give no address if they havent allready got one.

The postmaster one is a catch all so that you do get at least one of them.
N/A

Not so John, I normally only get one copy, this morning I had three copies, of several.
Community Veteran

In that case I can't explain it :?
N/A

I didn't get any emails Sad I feel left out. What are they about?

2 days ago I got 2 emails, the second one saying to disregard the first one as it has been sent in error.
Alecto
Grafter

Like towill, I'm getting multiple copies of the notification emails too.
Pn must be doing something wrong.
N/A

Molszewski wrote
I didn't get any emails icon_sad.gif I feel left out. What are they about?

These you only get if you subscribe to having Service Updates sent to you as emails. A few days ago I did not get them, now last night (seems ok this am) if had them in triplicate. Perhaps PlusNet have a civil servant working for them! :lol:
Alecto
Grafter

Not ok yet - I'm still getting triplicate.
I wonder if I should report Pn for spamming..... :roll:
N/A

Yes, I also subscribe to Service Status by e-mail and have been receiving two copies of everything recently. Both copies arrive in my Vispa account, which is what I used when signing up to the e-mail updates, not in my PlusNet account, so it's not a case of an e-mail going to the default account as well.

Can't say it actually bothers me, but 'tis puzzling nonetheless - I notice that the two copies are timed a few minutes apart, so maybe the despatch mechanism has got stuck in some kind of loop?

(Edit)
...... and, of course, as soon as I post that message and then check my mail, I find that the latest ones have correctly arrived as just one copy each.
These particular ones *look* like a duplication at a quick glance, the text being the same in each, but one is "ADSL Dial" and the other is "Connect Dial", so there's actually nothing wrong here, they are separate mails. Previously I was getting what was, in effect, *four* copies of the same thing in cases like this! :lol:

(Further edit)
And a third copy headed "0845 Dial"
Anyone who's getting genuine duplication will, therefore, have had *six* copies of the same text - perhaps one of the mods would like to turn the forum profanity filter up to full strength in anticipation? Wink
csogilvie
Grafter

Note that at the moment there are messages going to 3 different categories, which generates 3 seperate mails. This is something I'm aware of, but unfortunately, I've not got a lot of time to add a "Per-Category" subscription option in yet.

That said; If you are getting duplicates of the same message (NOTE: Check the first line of the message where it says Serivce: something and make sure they are the same - if they differ, then it is not a duplicate) then email me the message ids to duplicates AT servicestatus.plus.com and I'll take a look.
N/A

Noted.

As you say Colin, on closer inspection each has a seperate subject.

Confusion ends.
N/A

I have some duplicates, and have sent you, Colin, a copy.