cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Whats the easiest way to get more than 1 ip for my account.
My family and I share a lot of home movies (Camcorder stuff) through a free host. Im restricted to 1 download per hour per IP address.

Having about 8 would be great?Huh
15 REPLIES
N/A

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

You can raise a 'Contact Us' ticket in the Help & Support section and follow the wizard.

If you are requesting 8 or more IP addresses it is now required that you fill out a RIPE application form, I have no idea what that entails, as I only have 4 IP addresses on my account.

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles
lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Thanks have completed a RIPE form and submitted the request
lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

I've now had an 8 block IP allocated can anyone tell me the simplest way I can switch between these ip's

Thanks
Community Veteran

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

What equipment do you have - a router (which one), USB modem?

Also remember you actually only have 5 usable addresses (router) or 6 (USB modem) which is normally from your 2nd (USB modem) or (3rd (router) to 7th in the block as the other 2(3) are reserved for network and router IPs.

As for switching, you will probably have to manually change your IP address on your PC to each in turn which may also require a reboot. If you use a routyer then you have to turn of NAT and any other PCs will have to have a static IP rather than from DHCP.
lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Thanks for the quick reply Peter.
I have 1 pc and 1 USB modem. I want to use a different IP (rotating between 6)each time I disconnect the re-connect. How can I do this.

Thanks
Community Veteran

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

You can only do this manually by setting each of the IP addresses as your PCs static IP. There is no software on the USB modem or windows that will do this automatically.
lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Yep, I'm fine with that. How do I do it. I have
ip range (as example) x.y.z.1 - x.y.z.8
x.y.z.1 - gateway address
x.y.z.2 - address for router
x.y.z.3 - spare
x.y.z.4 - spare
x.y.z.5 - spare
x.y.z.6 - spare
x.y.z.7 - spare
x.y.z.8 - broadcast address
netmask 255.255.255.248

Currently everything is setup in network connections as auto. My current IP is being assigned as x.y.z.2. I can specify this as specific in tcpip properties and I connect fine. When I try to specify one of the other "Spare addresses" I get tcpip error 735 the address was rejected.
Thanks for helping
Regards
Lee
Community Veteran

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

What OS are you using? if XP, are you running XP SP2?

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=812401

What USB modem are you using?

Alternatively, your USB modem does not support multiple IP address allocation - i.e. it only works in DHCP mode (PC set to obtain IP address automatically).

You may need to invest in a router.
lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Its an "Alcatel Speedtouch USB" USB modem, Im using XP with SP2. I've set the connection to use a specific address, NON DHCP Mode but it will only work with x.y.z.2

Regards
Community Veteran

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Can you raise a ticket and get PN to check your IP block has been setup correctly and is active and explain the error you are getting.

It may still be your USB modem that can't handle multiple IPs.
lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Actioned : Dear Mr Hudson,
The IP address have definatly been setup correctly. i cannot see any problem. I have been able to browse to the plus net website and log into the members centre to the static ip componant without a problem.

Static IP: 212.159.xxx.1Gateway Address
212.159.xxx.2address for router
212.159.xxx.3 spare address
212.159.xxx.4 spare address
212.159.xxx.5 spare address
212.159.xxx.6 spare address
212.159.xxx.7 spare address
212.159.xxx.8 Broadcast Address
Netmask: 255.255.255.248

Regards,

Seems the Ip addresses have been setup correctly. I cant see how it could be a modem problem as I used to be on BB+ thus it can handle different ip's. I have also had successful connections by using a specified ip address. Its just the only one that will work is 212.159.xxx.2. Am I doing something wrong.

I disconnect, modify my DUN connection from obtain ip automaticaly, to use the following ip address 212.159.xxx.3. or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7. press ok then try to connect. this is when I get the 735 error.
Regards
Lee
lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

@Darkskye, thanks for looking but the post does not help my problem. What I'm after is a way of connecting using 212.159.xxx.3. Please read the full thread to see what I've tried so for, and thanks for helping
Community Veteran

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Seems the Ip addresses have been setup correctly. I cant see how it could be a modem problem as I used to be on BB+ thus it can handle different ip's.

That works because it only allocated you a single IP each time (even though it was different) and your system was setup to obtain it's IP address automatically. This is not the same as having an IP block assigned to your connection.

I have searched google but fiound no reference to anyone using your USB modem and multiple IPs so I suspect the modem can only handle a single IP. If that is the case then there is nothing you or PN can do to get it to work as you want it.
lmhudson
Grafter

Multiple Ip's BB Premier

Thanks again for your help Peter. From the description I gave can you confirm that I am not doing something wrong

I disconnect, modify my DUN connection from obtain ip automaticaly, to use the following ip address 212.159.xxx.3. or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7. press ok then try to connect. this is when I get the 735 error. If i set ip to use the address 212.159.xxx.2 it works fine
Regards
Lee