cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mugg + £14.99 - Send out an email / refund poll

N/A

I'm getting mugged by Plus.net. After applying for an update (when I spotted new rates on the web site, seeing a chare of £38 (I think) to change to the lower price 1Mb same service I was allready getting. So I went for 4Mb). I only noticed it was such a wide spread issue when getting the news and comming to these forums (The last time was probably just after signing up)

Ticket: 17329979 Assigned
Raised: 2005-08-18 16:53:17 by: You
2005-08-18
16:53:17
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Account Change Request]
[Upgrade Account]
[ Broadband Upgrade ]
[ Automatic Upgrade Process Failed ]
[Additional Information]
I'm trying to update my account to 'Broadband Premier up to 4Mb' each time I try I get the following error.
---
Upgrade Failed
Please update your payment details

In order to convert your telephone line to your new Broadband service you must have a valid credit/debit card details in your account.

You must update your account details with a current credit or debit card if you want to upgrade your account. Update your details now
---
My debit card is on the account details.
If you can't perform this update change my account to 'Broadband Premier up to 2Mb' without changing the line speed or adding a surcharge. (I was charged extra for Activation and Modem when I first signed-up)

2005-08-19
00:57:33
Removed
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr Howard,
I have now submitted this order manually for you, and you can follow the details on thid through Ticket 17334254.

Kind Regards,
Removed
2005-08-30
14:03:24
You
Assigned : After reading in the news http://www.theregister.com/2005/08/26/plusnet_followup/ (rather than from your support) I see how much more I'm being ripped off. Please refund me the 14.99 (Invioce 356469Cool. It's not good having to get second hand information from user forums. http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31367
I hope soon for a 4Mb line is in the next two months.
2005-08-30
15:22:39
Removed
The regade would have been to change your speed to 2Mb, because this has now completed unfortunetly we cannot refund the 14.99.

Because you are on the UpTo 4Mb product you will receive a free regrade to 4Mb once it becomes available.
Regards,
Removed
2005-08-30
19:19:17
You
Assigned : Now you have charged me for something that is you are saying is free and I stated that i didn't want my line regrading for 2Mb. It whould be fair for you not to charge me at a 4Mb rate (just 2Mb) until it is supplied, which I have allready payed the £14.99 for.
2005-08-30
19:38:18
Removed
You may move down to the 21.99 product free of charge if your wish, but if you are wanting to go back to 4Mb when it is available then this will be charged at 14.99.
Regards,
Removed
2005-08-30
19:53:47
You
Assigned : Please forward this entire Ticket to a senior plus.net staff member, PR department, the board and potential new investers. It's now going onto the forum.

Any reply I'll post when it comes.

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Agent's name removed as per the rules]
7 REPLIES
N/A

2005-08-30
19:58:01
Removed
I aplogise you feel that way sir, if you wish this to me made an official complaint then please do so in written format and post to our postal address.

Plusnet PLC
Internet House
Furnival House
Sheffield
S4 7YA

Regards,
Removed
2005-08-31
22:58:03
You
Assigned : How much will I be charged by plus.net if I change ISP's now?

I'm so glad I dont work in customer support. :-) It whould be so much better if your senior managment had better contact with all you staff dealing with the front line (or vice versa)

2005-08-31
23:59:01
Removed
Customer Support Centre Assigned : I am passing this information to our esclations team so that they are aware of your requests for this issue to be escalated. I do hope they can resolve your issue for you.

[INTERNAL]
Customer has asked that this is escalated, and I am therefore doing so. Please advise on this issue.

Regards,
Removed
2005-09-01
03:05:53
Removed
There is no fee involved with regards to migrating out or cancelling your account.

Also I can assure you that quality of service delivered to customers is very closely monitored, and all agents are reviewed on a monthly basis and additional training given as appropriate.

With regards to your situation, we are willing to refund your regrade fee and change your product back to Premier up to 2Mb with a monthly subscription of £21.99, if this is acceptable please advise.

Regards,
Removed
2005-09-01
22:01:50
You
Assigned : Please change my account as just specified by you.

I have no problems with your staff. If I gave that impression it was unintentional. I dislike not been treated equally by the company in that I have been paying £8 more for the same service (without my knowledge of this, until I get third party news). Also finding the (forums and) support tickers giving update(s information) not charged the same as on the web site.

Their is a fine line. I can't stand marketing and sales information in emails and you are doing a good job not letting these through. On the line is me getting informed when 4Mb becomes available. I wouldn't want to get this by email unless I ask for it but it should be available on your web site. BUT getting equal service for the price paid is something I (and I think many others) expect to be informed about if it's no longer the case.

2005-09-03
03:04:01
Removed
I have changed your account as requested.

Regards,
Removed

So now I'm only down by the £8 amount difference for the few months plus.net hasn't felt kind enough to inform its customers of the identical service for less in place. There are so many more and I feel sorry for them (getting cheated and not an equal service). For now I'm stopping with plus.net but if my connection gets worse I'll move without question.

"Biting the hand that feeds IT" - How true of the register for that piece of news. A shame it (the news) doesn't get to a wider base of plus.net users.

p.s. Agent, new one to me. At lease they aren't resources :-)
N/A

refund them go robin hood go i need sleep
silentmonkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Oh no not another poll on “Are Plusnet ripping there customers off”.

If people are happy paying a rate for a service then what is the problem. If they are not then they look around for an alternative. Plusnet are making no secret of their rates, its plastered all over the website.

If we were to take this argument to the extreme then why didn’t the BP station that I filled up at tonight tell me “Don’t fill up here sir at 96.9p/L because a mile down the road there is another BP station where we will sell you the same fuel at 93.9p/L

Or when I went to New Zealand a few years back why was I not told that the seat next to me could be brought £800 less than I paid.

Also this week I found out that NTL have been ‘ripping me off’ for cable TV. Apparently I can pay 33% less per month and get an extra 12 channels. How did I find out? A visit to their website perhaps? NO. There is not even a mention of my current package on there let alone this other one. I had to spend 40 mins on the phone and specify ask for a package that I would not have known about had I not heard about it on the local radio station because NTL we not going to volunteer the information.

The point I’m making here is that this is normal business practice in all walks of life. Am I bitter? No. Being a student of Life I’m aware of these practices and will always look for what I consider to be best value at the time. I know that with technology what I buy today was obsolete yesterday and will be cheaper tomorrow so I try to keep up to date.

So now I think this topic has been done to death. Everyone who reads these forums are now well aware of this issue and the debate has run its course. So please let this one rest.

P.S.
If you had not guessed I voted NO
N/A

petrol is a diffferent product to a adsl line and as such can not be compared there are far more goes into the cost of fuel than there is to me getting a cheaper connection to someone else.

this is such a bad example it is unreal when did petrol get delivered to every part of the country for the same price. Petrol is unrealistic comparisons due to its nature of being controlled by external forces where as a price is fied for me to send a gb and for someone else to send a gb as it takes no more to send it to its destination or to refine it its just exatly the same
silentmonkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sorry but I beg to differ. I thought that was an excellent example.

I was not comparing Petrol to ADSL I was comparing the business practice of charging what the market will pay using Petrol as one of my examples. Also the example I gave was with the same company on the same evening with less than 1 mile between the stations. It surely does not cost BP 3p/L to deliver it 1 mile further down the road and even BP cannot react to world oil prices in less than 5 mins.

I know I did say let this one rest but I had to correct your interpretation of my post. Smiley
mike001
Grafter

In any case if a user is on 1meg line and is paying £8 extra or more a month then +net sould at least upgrade the user to 2megs after +net has taken 2 month subcription and this is more than enough to cover the £14:99 regrade

yes or no ?
N/A

The (sort of) equivalent of your petrol example is more close to LLU giving discounts. (At least if I was in a LLU area I'd expect to get a discount over BT)

An alternative which I see as absurd is; The petrol company giving out loyalty cards with monthly statements but giving a better deal to new sign-ups permanently. Then leaving the the existing customers having to check a web site to find a surcharge to move to the new card and forums to get a free transfer. I'm sure this would make the news.