cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Msn not logging in

N/A

Msn not logging in

anyone else having a problem logging into Msn ?
21 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Msn not logging in

Seems to be working okay here. Lots of us use it in the office.

Nothing showing on their Service Status page. What error are you getting? Everything else working okay? Tried a different account? Using the latest version?

Could just be a small glitch. It happens occasionally on their network. Certainly if there was a wider problem, we'd all know about it!
N/A

Msn not logging in

yep i've tried 2 accounts and both fail at the login.
It just asks me to trouble shoot with 80072745 bottom left.
Everything checks out on the trouble shoot but it still won't login
N/A

Msn not logging in

Logs in fine here too.

Used it a little this morning without problem, and again just now...
N/A

Msn not logging in

Been logged in all day without problems, although the majority of problems are during login, It happens quite a lot with MSN.
Just ride it out i guess
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Msn not logging in

Seems to be working okay here. Lots of us use it in the office.

Erm, isn't there something else you should be doing?

LIKE FIXING THE PATHETICALLY SLOW CONNECTIONSHuh

Typical. We pay for a service and the staff sit there chatting on msn instead.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Msn not logging in

Msn can be very useful in the work environment. If people don't communicate problems would never get fixed. I don't know exactly what Liam or anyone else used msn for, but it could definately for legitimate business reasons.

Phil
N/A

Msn not logging in

do this m8

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
3. At the command prompt, type the following lines and press ENTER after each line:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Surely csc could have answered this ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Msn not logging in

Msn can be very useful in the work environment. If people don't communicate problems would never get fixed. I don't know exactly what Liam or anyone else used msn for, but it could definately for legitimate business reasons.

Phil

I know loads of people that use MSN at work. None of them tell their boss and none of them use it for work purposes.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Msn not logging in

I hope not! Whilst it may be a simple enough fix, providing support at that level could lead to all sorts of problems. I remember working at Freeserve screwing a few customer PC's just by talking them through the reinstallation of Dial Up Networking on a Windows machine.

OK, there was clearly an underlying OS problem but try telling the customer that now they've lost all the icons in their control panel or their PC refuses to boot up Shockedops:

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Msn not logging in

Why? They are there to support people using Plusnet facilities, not to support Microsoft products.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Msn not logging in

Typical. We pay for a service and the staff sit there chatting on msn instead.

Erm, should we ask them not to use phones too, perhaps get rid of e-mail?

Every now and then I use MSN to chat to PN Staffers about various things - whilst I'm chatting to them via MSN, they can also be answering posts in here, calling customers, answering tickets - or any other of the jobs they have to do on a daily basis.

I know of quite a few other folks who get in touch with PN via MSN.

I don't think that problems with the network stem from staff using technology to keep in touch with people.
N/A

Msn not logging in

still having no luck with Msn
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Msn not logging in

I've had problems with MSN recently, particulary with messages failing to send. However this seemed to be a problem with the official client on my PC - I've recently changed to one called Gaim and now I can send messages again.

We use it at work, in fact I am using as I type this to try and diagnose a problem with one of our offices abroad.
LIKE FIXING THE PATHETICALLY SLOW CONNECTIONSHuh

Well that one is a bit of a no-brainer, capcity and an easing of the Ellacoyas. Unfortunately all senior managment (the ones who never post on here) are concerned about is their share options, since afterwards when the PlusNet brand is gone and they've made their cash - this is all going to be BT's problem (and ours of course).

In fact I'd imagine the only purchase of hardware which is in the pipeline is upgraded power supplies and fans for the Ellacoyas - since they work so well at delivering us dial-up speed connections and saving PlusNet money.

Have been considering MACing, given the blantant blacklisting of Easynews - but not sure I can be bothered since the remainder of the connection works fine for the 0.75Gb of general browsing a month which my parents do (i.e. an ideal customer that rarely uses their connection).

Anyway I await to see what happens when the PlusNet brand is gone and my connection is now managed by BT Yahoo.
N/A

Msn not logging in

*waits for all the "i want to get ticket help via msn" posts*