cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to shared house with AOL - can I migrate to Plusnet?

N/A

Hi,

I'm moving into a shared house in a couple of weeks. When I looked athe place, the current tennants told me they had broadband. I didn't realise they meant AOL, and as far as I can tell this means I won't be able to have a shared internet connection as AOLdoesn't support routers. :roll:

Does anyone know anything about this? Or whether it is possible to get out of an AOL contract? I have a Lite package with plusnet at the moment I'd be very happy to move with me...

Thanks,

Richard
5 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

Usually when an isp say they do not support something it just means you are on your own if you have any problems with whatever they do not support
craigbrass
Grafter

I recently got a friend out of AOL. Phone them up, ask for a MAC code. If they don't do it, ring up every day until they do. Its a freephone number so you won't loose anything!
LiamM
Grafter

But ensure you are outside your 12 months contract, or you'll have to keep paying.
rspurgeon
Grafter

Hi,

I have successfully setup wireless hardware adsl routers for AOL with no problems at all!!!

Even the speed of the connection seemed good. You just use your AOL primary screenname and password as the adsl username and password.

Hope this helps!

Richard Spurgeon
N/A

Hi Richard,

If I am reading this correctly, it is the current tennants which have this account.

If so there is nothing you personally can do to change this. The person whose name is on the account will have to decide to migrate.

As for sharing the connection this should be possible, though as has been mentioned already if you have a support query AOL may decide not to help if you tell them it is shared.