cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Plus advice help please

N/A

I'm moving a relative to Plus and I need a bit of advice. They are presenlty with another ISP (2MB ADSL) and they've been given a MAC code and an end date of 10 March 2006.

I have read the moving page but I'm not entirely clear of how to go. It also seems a bit complciated (which is why I'm supposed to be doing it). That page seems to say you must cancel and you must not :?

It looks like his old BB account has been cancelled (although it runs until 10 March) so I assume I can order Plus after 10 February? Is it true he'll have no BB for 7-14 days? Can't he get a new modem for just the £5.99 shipping?

Grateful for any comments Smiley
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Are you reading the mages about switching to PlusNet or about moving your connection when you move house?

For a migration, there should be little to no down time, and all he has to do is obtain a MAC key from the current provider and sign up with us via the website.
N/A

I'm reading that full page I linked to.

He's not moving house just ISP. So can he sign up now and when does the charging start (ie can it wait until early March)? He has a MAC code.

Thanks.
JonathanW
Grafter

He can sign up now, and unless otherwise specified, the migration will start from when he signs up.
N/A

Just tried to sign up and Plus said it wasn't a valid MAC key. I'll need to recheck.

Thanks again.