cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my broadband

N/A

Moving my broadband

I requested to move my broadband last week. Unforunately there were multiple problems with my request - the destination phone line isn't in my name and apparently there is an "incompatible product" on the line.

When I informed Plusnet that the line at the new address was actually in my girlfriend's name and that in the past, at my present address, my flatmate had started a plusnet account in his name on one of my phone lines without any problem. The response I got back was the same automated "incompatile product" explanation and no relevant response to my query. This in itself is not true...my girfriend has never had any product on her line - no broadband, red care, NOTHING. That unsatisfactory response was the last I heard from Plusnet.

Today, after checking my bank balance, I see Plusnet have taken the £52.88 from my account although the work got no further than checking the line.

Why have I been billed for being told I can't move my broadband?
2 REPLIES
johnmglen
Grafter

Moving my broadband

If this is true, (and I have no reason to doubt you)something is going very wrong at Plus Net towers lately.
James
Grafter

Moving my broadband

If you phone BT on 0800-169-9576 they will be able to confirm incompatible products on a line.

The £52.88 is taken as an upfront payment and can/will be refunded if activation is not possible.