cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving messages to other Folders via WebMail??

auslan
Dabbler

hello,

as we're in the process of moving houses, we are accessing our PlusNet mails (collected via individual mailboxes into one 'Webmail' interface. Noted that the 'Move To' and 'Copy To' options dont work, when one wish to move various mails (once seen) to other folders for later download. How can we do this? Any other suggestion?

ta, Andrew
4 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

This is a problem which I have raised internally (ref: 17237). In the meantime you could set up oulook express or similar to collect your mail using IMAP and move them in that way. Further details on how to do this are available in the technical suppport pages.

Regards,
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

This is not a problem, merely a misunderstanding on how it is used. To move the e-mail you need to first select the folder you want to move it to (from the dropdown to the left of the move/copy buttons) and then click move or copy.

Let me know if you have any problems.
N/A

Don't forget to selecvt the message first.

This feature only appears works for mail received on yourPlusNet account. If you collect mail from another ISP via webmail, the move and copy to folder facility does not work ( for me anyway).
auslan
Dabbler

thanks, but these tips don't help

Followed your suggestions:
* tried selecting Messages, select Folder & thence MOVE TO;
* select Folder, select messages & MOVETO, etc
- but it doesn't work properly.
------------
All these messages are from various PlusNet sub-mailboxes within my PlusNet domain (e.g. aaaaa@auslan.plus.com; ccccc@....., so on) as well as the default mailbox (auslan@auslan.plus.com). None from other ISPs.
----------
Suggesting that I use an external mail client is not of much use when my computer is unconnected and I am relying on PlusNet's Webmail interface at the cybercafes. Never mind, I'll just have to wait until I get my computer hooked to a new phone line at the new residence.

thanks though,
Andrew