cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

N/A

Moving house

I am moving home on Wednesday 27/06/07.

I tried you "Move Home Tool" however my house number is not listed after I type in my new post code. This does not suprise me, the local council cannot find my address either.

The land registry lists my new address correctly and we have asked our local council to amend their records to be brought in-line with the Land Registry Office.

Will it be possible to have broadband at my new address if PlusNet does not recognise my new address as listed by the Land Registry Office?

If PlusNet can provide broadband at my new property, rather than moving my current ADSL account, can PlusNet delete my current ADSL account and give me a new one?
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Moving house

Hi there,

Your best bet is to give BT Retail a ring to get them to update their records. We run off the BT Wholesale database, as will all other ISPs that serve a broadband service on a BT line.

Once we have this data, we'll then be able to place an order for you.
N/A

Moving house

Thanks (v quick response).

I have now phoned BT who told me the following (I will move in on Wednesday):

BT will connect my connect my existing number to the new property on Friday. I will need to inform PlusNet of this and my new address for billing purposes, and PlusNet will arrange for the same BT engineer to connect my ADSL at the same time on Friday.

Does this ring true? Will PlusNet be able to inform the engineer to do my broadband at the same time? Also how should I inform PlusNet, phonecall or ticket?

Ta v much
James
Grafter

Moving house

Unfortunately not. BT are referring to a simultaneous reprovide which we require 7 working notice notice, plus a code from BT to allow us to do the work.

What we can do however, is to place a cease order on your existing line for the earliest possible date and then place a provide on your new line when it becomes active. This will mean however, a week without broadband service assuming all goes to plan.

This may be of interest:

http://community.plus.net/csc/2007/05/28/house-moves-processes-payments-and-problems/
N/A

Moving house

Thanks very much for clearing that up, quickly too.

It did sound a bit too good to be true. Cheesy

I'll progress this via the ticket system. Thanks for your time James.