cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

N/A

Moving house

Hello all,im movong house in the new year,contacted bt got everything sorted out,they gave me a ref:code to give to plusnet to get everything sorted out for me at there end.When Iphoned plusnet they told me that It would cost £54 pound just to move house what is going on? I thought Its just bt that does all the work,and they dont charge a penny,Is plus net ripping me of?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Moving house

Hi there,

The move ADSL process has a charge associated with it, which is levied on the ISP by BT Wholesale. This charge is inturn passed on to the customer.

Your move adsl process requires a new line activation at the premises to which you are moving. This is done by BT Wholesale. However, and similar to the new activation process, you have the option to deferr the cost of activation under the "you stay we pay scheme".

If you click the Account Details link in the member centre and select the Move my ADSL link, you will see further details.

Far from being a rip off, this is a standard charge.

Hope that helps.
N/A

Moving house

Cheers for clearing that up m8,ive just phoned back and payed a £5 approx admin fee,and got everything sorted.

On another note is there any way of finding out what exchange im connected to and what speeds it is capable of?
Community Veteran

Moving house

Do you have a phone number for the new property. If so, then put it in the BT checker which will give you a rough guide and the usertools exchange checker which will tell you what exchange it is on..
N/A

Moving house

I do its the same one i have at the moment,and it wont get moved till 13 January.
LiamM
Grafter

Moving house

Bear in mind that the free house move (with £5 admin charge) ties you into the "You stay, we pay" 5 year system.
N/A

Moving house

Ill leave when i want,but the service is quite good so ill be staying for the time being.Ill just have to pay the fee if I want to leave.
N/A

RE: Moving House - another query

As a follow on to this.........

I am also moving house in January and have got Job reference from BT to provide to PlusNet, but from what I read on the "Move My Broadband" section of the site, I didn't think I could place my move with PlusNet till after I had moved and the line had been activated??

Am I correct in thinking this, or can I go ahead now and place the move request with the BT Job reference and have the whole lot activated at approximately the same time??

Thanks in advance.

Dave
LiamM
Grafter

Moving house

If this is a simultaneous reporivide it usually works like this.

Plusnet give you a code, you call BT with this code when you book the new line, they will then give you another code - and you give this code back to Plusnet.

Most simultaneous reprovides I have heard of don't work properly - including my own. Which means you'll need to wait for the line to be installed, and then apply for broadband.

The usual activation times will then apply.
N/A

Moving house

The reason u give bt notice is so that the line will be ready and upgraded for you when u move in ive done it before m8 it sould work ok.Just wasnt charged by pipex for moving that is all.