cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

N/A

Moving house

I'm supposed to be moving house in the next 2-3 weeks and currently have the Easystart 512kb package.
Now i know its £64.63 to move home plus i also intend to change to 1Mb premium so it'll be £29.99 month ( + £7.50 until the end of my 12 month Easystart package).

So thats the plan, now a couple of questions!

1) Once my Easystart 12 months are up would the extra £7.50 be automatically dropped or will i have to contact Plusnet to get to revert to a 'basic' monthly rate?

2) How long after putting in the move house request is your current line disabled as i'd like to pre-empt the house move and have ADSL enabled very soon after i move in to the new house so i'm not without a connection for long?

TIA Cheesy
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Moving house

1) £7.50 addition only applies until you complete your original 12 months, afgter that it is no longer taken.

2) No idea. All I do know is a new activation takes 7 -> 10 days once it is submitted and this can only happen after the phone in your new house is connected/working.
N/A

Moving house

The phone line is already in there & working (its not a new build house, just new to us!).
Community Veteran

Moving house

It still takes the normal 7 -> 10 days to activate ADSL on a phone line so that will be the minimum period without ADSL. I think you can state when you want your current connection to be disabled, just raise a contact us ticket for that.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Moving house

You couldn't ask for the line to be enabled before you move in either, because when BT changes the name of ownership of the line to you, that automatically ceases all other services on that line, including your ADSL. I think I've heard that you might even need to wait a few days after you move in while BT update their records. Not definate on that though.

Phil
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving house

Hi,

It takes 7-10 days to cease an ADSL line, and 7-10 days to provide a new one.
If the new line is already active and in your name then place the order 7 days before you move. Otherwise you'll need to wait until the line is in your name.

Make sure you add a note to the ticket the system raises or call the support team to ensure the new line is done a 1Mbps.
N/A

Moving house

Cheers everyone. Looks like i'll have to wait until i move in and change the line to my name. :?