Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house - what's the latest?

N/A

I'm moving house in a month. I'm worried about:

1) Downtime on my webspace containing my website
2) Hidden costs (what's this pay £47 or stay for five years?)

What have people experienced lately when moving house?

matt
12 REPLIES
N/A

When you move house Plusnet will give you a free reprovide, well it is if you stay for 5 years, oh and you have to pay £5 admin fees. Your brst bet m8 is if your contract with Plusnet has expired, give then notice then when you have moved house, find a new ISP with free activation, after all that you love Plusnet so much then migrate back.
N/A

I did this in June 05. Whilst I am not very impressed with PN's performance of late, the move went without a hitch. I assume you are using the " You stay, we pay " offer ? Most of the downtime is due to BT, not PN. The 5 year thing is reasonable if you think about it. It reduces each year for 5 years until you owe nothing, but it's £53.00 inc vat if you terminate earlier than that, on a reducing basis for 5 years. I can't complain about the service I got.
Hope this is of some help to you.
Regards, John Taylor.
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

When you move house Plusnet will give you a free reprovide, well it is if you stay for 5 years, oh and you have to pay £5 admin fees.

Is that right? Sign up for "You stay, we pay" and if you move you don't have to repay the costs if you stay with Plusnet, just the £5 admin fee? I assume that the 5 year term is reset on the move.

I can't find anywhere official which says that - can you show me where? A friend of mine is desperate for Broadband but doesn't want to sign up since they're probably moving in about 6 months.

Cheers,

TFG
N/A

My situation is a little strange.

I'm moving into my own place, and want broadband. My old house also want to keep broadband with PN. So, I'm thinking.

1) Keep current PN at current address
2) Get new PN account at new address
3) Swap billing details (and usernames?) of both accounts
4) No downtime

Of course, can it ever be so simple!?!

I've raised a ticket about this but PN say there'll be minimum two weeks downtime.

Hmm
JonathanW
Grafter

It is possible to get a deferred house move, in the same way you can get a deferred activation. However, the two things are seperate and don't run at the same time. So if someone were to sign up now, using the deferred option, and then had deferred house move within the first five years, they would have a second deferred contract on their account, that won't start running until after the initial one has completed.
N/A

In English? Wink

matt
JonathanW
Grafter

Basically, you can have a deferred activation and a deferred house move, but the two don't run concurrently. So if you had a house move after being with us for 12 months, and then left after another 12 months, you'd have three years of your activation to pay back, along with the full five years of your house move to pay back.
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

It is possible to get a deferred house move, in the same way you can get a deferred activation. However, the two things are seperate and don't run at the same time. So if someone were to sign up now, using the deferred option, and then had deferred house move within the first five years, they would have a second deferred contract on their account, that won't start running until after the initial one has completed.

OK. So my mate signs up in Feb 2006 and has a "You stay we pay" for 5 years - until Feb 2011. In June 2006 he moves house and has a "deferred house move", so his reprovision costs are deferred until after Feb 2011 for a further 5 years to Feb 2016 :?:

Is that right?

TFG
JonathanW
Grafter

That's right.
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Thanks, I'll let him know. Not sure he'd sign up for 10 years though!
N/A

Gordon Bennet, that lot was harder to understand than Twin peaks. I just moved house. It was simple for me, you seem to have a much more complicated move than I did. Good Luck.
Regards, John taylor.
N/A

Thats quite a contract 10 years is a long time.............lol