cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house plea to those upstairs

fatdeeman
Grafter

I know this is probably in vain but I have moved house twice in the past 12 months and for a lot of that time I have been paying for a service which I haven't been using, mainly because I am happy with the service plusnet provides so when I moved I continued paying the service charge for months before I actually had a phone line set up and could use the internet again.

I have moved house again and find myself facing a £50 fee and I just wondered if anyone in a position of power would consider reducing or removing this fee because I find myself for a second time paying plusnet for months on end but not actually using the product because I do not yet have a phone line set up.

The house I am renting has a bad credit history and BT want me to pay a £50 deposit and I cannot afford to pay both the deposit and the plusnet fee.

I would like to think that my loyalty towards plusnet and the fact that I must be one of your favorite customers financially would deserve a healthy discount or better still removal of the transfer fee.

I know this is probably not going to happen but you can check my usage for the past 12 months and you will find a lot of the months show no usuage whatsoever.

I also realize that I probably should have just canceled as soon as I moved but as I have said already I am very pleased with the service I have received and always find myself reluctant to cancel and go elsewhere.

So this is a plea to anyone who has the influence to help me out, I have been loyal to you and have been paying you without using your service willingly because I was reluctant to cancel and go elesewhere.

If you could help me out with this fee or better still waive it I would be incredibly grateful.

Many thanks.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Plusnet have to pay BT - the best you can do is defer it over 5 years.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There shouldn't be any problem crediting you for the time without broadband, best thing to do is once the house move order is complete raise a ticket and we can calculate the time to credit. Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do about the activation fee. We're charged £47 by BT to place the new provide order to activate the service at the new property so we have to pass this on, either by charging you up front or by deferring the cost over 5 years.
fatdeeman
Grafter

That's very helpful and makes things much more manageable, thank you for the swift response.
fatdeeman
Grafter

Does anyone know how long the house move takes?

Last time I moved I had the service on the day I requested in the move house tool but today is the date I requested for this move but nothing so far...

I just want to know how long I should leave it before I need to get in touch with someone.

Thanks!
Fixes: 116

Re: Moving house plea to those upstairs

The house I am renting has a bad credit history and BT want me to pay a £50 deposit and I cannot afford to pay both the deposit and the plusnet fee.

I was of the understanding that this practice stopped years ago and all bad debts were asigned to persons only and not houses. Then, again, I could be wrong.

Regards

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

fatdeeman
Grafter

Funny thing is when I went to order again there was no mention of a deposit or any bad credit or anything of that nature which is how I would have expected it to be.

I have no idea what the lady was talking about before, all she achieved was delaying me getting a phoneline!
sam
Grafter

Does anyone know how long the house move takes?

From our perspective, a reprovide will take 5 - 7 working days from the day we place the order.

Let us know when you get a date for the line being installed and we can try and place the order from the day after. It can take several days for the line to become active in the ordering tool, eCo, and until this happens we cannot place the order, so don't expect your connection to be live 8 days after the line is activated.
fatdeeman
Grafter

The phone line is already installed,

It was installed on the 5th of this month and I used the move broadband tool on the same day and chose the 13th, today, as the date for the old connection to be canceled and the new one to be set up. the old connection was canceled within 48 hours but so far I'm not getting a sync on my router.

Do you have any idea if the order has been placed yet or can you give me am estimate on how long it will be now that you know when the line was installed?
fatdeeman
Grafter

I just want to add that I'm not complaining, I just like to know whats happening and if I should be worried or not lol
sam
Grafter

Hi fatdeeman,

I have updated your ticket. Please see the ticket for further details.
fatdeeman
Grafter

Ahh I see

What happened there then?

Thanks for this, I hate not knowing whats going on Smiley
sam
Grafter

Hi fatdeeman,

This is related to a problem that we had when your order was originally placed with us.

I will monitor the order everyday just to ensure that it goes ahead without any further problems.
fatdeeman
Grafter

I'm up and running now!

How fast was that!?

Thanks very much for your help Smiley

Payrise for samisimpson!!!
sam
Grafter

Thats great news fatdeeman Cheesy.

The order is not due to complete until the 20th, I have to say I am impressed with BT.

I will monitor the order and ensure that it completes in the ordering system on the 20th.

You may find that the connection is a bit up and down but until the order completes in eco, we will be unable to raise a fault should you have any problems, fingers crossed, it will all work OK though.