cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house moving broadband woes

N/A

Hope I can get some help with this problem I have trying to move my broadband to our new house we have bought;

I'm moving house on the 4th August. I've called BT and they have done their bit with the transfer of the line. As the current owners of the house we are buying havn't notified BT yet, BT have given me a new number. This was on Friday 20th July. BT also gave me an order number for the broadband reprovision. The lady I spoke to at BT said that they work with plusnet to speed up the process. The broadband line should be up and running on the 4th August when we move in. I was to call Plusnet though to inform them and so they could do their bit ( I knew this)

Impressive I thought ...

I then log onto Plusnet and use the moving house tool. I fill in the details Plusnet request including the number BT gave me. I click submit and a warning appears on the page that indicates Broadband is not available on that line. Thats one issue. The other issue is that there is nowhere to provide the order number BT gave me. The house we are buying has broadband, is inside the M25 - so its not the outer Hebredes.

My question is what options are there to me? I tried calling Plusnet but using the menu system gets me nowhere trying to categorize this particular issue. Is the issue down to the fact that the number given to me by BT hasnt filtered through the "system" yet? If so when should I request the move?
Thanks for the anticipated assitance everyone.
Leon
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I think that you problem is caused by the fact that you seem to have ordered Broadband off BT.
So when Plusnet try and start the moving process the line shows up as already having Broadband on it Sad

Not sure what the way out of this is. Cry
hitachi
Grafter

I dont think the moving house tool works with the simultaneous provision process you are trying to use.You are going to have to raise a ticket or phone them I think.
N/A

John - I've rung BT and they confirm I have NOT ordered broadband from them. I am still with plusnet at the new address.
N/A

fletchdsl - Ill try that option and see what happens. thx
N/A

How do I raise a contact us about this issue because all options lead me back to the webpage below? Same on the phone which eventually cuts you off when you reach the end of the menu. The phone message refers to the webpage below.

Help assistant > Customer services and billing > Account management > Move my Broadband to New Premises

Any pointers appreciated
N/A

I've tried 7 different menu options to get through to a human voice on 0845 1400 200 with no luck. Is the only option to speak to someone these days to call the premium support number? (It would be good to see a map of the menu options) It wasnt like this the last time I called Plusnet. I was always able to get through to someone.

...cant get through to someone on the phone
...cant raise a ticket to explain issue

Hopefully from CS will read this and contact me directly as I have run out options except to ask for a MAC key which I DONT want to do.

frustrated.
N/A

PlusNet stop reading ADSLGuide and help this fellow out. I'm going to be in the same sitatuion when I move next month and I don't want to be int he same situation. Especailly since I got LLU'd and can't ask for a MAC key.
N/A

sealpup - good idea Ill post on adslguide and hopefully someone from cs will look into this for me.
N/A

From the BT website

Non BT Broadband customers
If you don't have BT Broadband and want to transfer your phone line and broadband to your new address, youll need to organise these separately.

Please call us on 0800 800 150 to organise the transfer of your phone line, giving at least five working days' notice. You'll also need to tell us you need your broadband service transferring to your new home.

You will need to contact your broadband provider to arrange the transfer of your broadband service. You'll need to do this at least five working days before you move.

Most broadband service providers will aim to transfer your broadband on the same day as your phone line, providing you give them enough notice.

Your broadband provider will be able to tell you if you're eligible for same day transfer of your phone line and broadband.

Please note: this is subject to broadband being available at your new address. Your broadband provider will be able to confirm this.
N/A

I'm just going through the same process now - the options for contacting Customer Support seem to be:

1.) Put a post on this forum and hope that someone from CS see's it and takes pity - I've seen it work once or twice.
2.) Sit on the lo-call number (that you quoted above) for a long time to speak to someone (this is the option I took - follow the menu for providing a new password and it took about 50 minutes of hold music to get to speak to someone)
3.) Raise a support ticket - used to be really straightforward but now you need to know the knack - when you get to the move my Broadband page and a new window opens up - with your order status tracker or with the form to request a move - return to the original window and it will have reloaded to say something like "Was this helpful?" I think at the bottom of this page is an "Ask a question" link and you can raise a ticket there. Ignore the message that pops up saying that the average response time is 12 hours or whatever - it simply isn't - it's just blind faith that they will get round to your ticket at some point possibly.

I raised a ticket and still ended up calling Plus.Net - the CS agent has told me that my move will be performed on Thursday - but the order status tracker still isn't indicating that any checks on my line are about to be performed - so it's blind faith for now.
James
Grafter

Ticket path:

Customer Services and Billing
Account Management
Move my Broadband to new Premises
Move my broadband

Close pop-up

Alternatively ask your question to the Support team.

FWIW - I've never tried raising a ticket this way, and found it first time.
N/A

Good for you. But that help system is for us and not for you.
I've got a filing system on my desk here at work. I call it the pile system. Works for me everytime. Surely that means it works for everyone else too.
James
Grafter

My point was that it was a straightforward and commonsensical approach.

Thank you for your sarcasm this early on a Monday morning Smiley
N/A

Sorry James, it wasn't straightforward for me until I'd dug about here and saw a post where someone stated where it was. Now I know where it is it makes sense - but it didn't when I first tried to use it. Shockedops: Unfortunately there's plenty of people who don't visit the forums and I'm sure some of them will have dense moments like I did and be unable to see the wood for the trees too.