cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house and LLU?

N/A

Moving house and LLU?

I am going to be moving house in the near future (I hope) and still have some time on my 12 month contract (unfortunately).

Will it be more of an issue to move my service if I get LLU'd? I put in my Qjump a while back but have no confirmation of if and when it will go through.

Should I try and opt out? (or is it better to just move ISP?)

Thanks,
Indudley
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving house and LLU?

Hi,

It won't make any difference to the moving house process if you are moved to LLU. The timescales and processes we have in place on our side are pretty much the same, if you keep the same number when you move we issue an LLU cease and once this completes we place a provide for the new location, regardless of whether one or both of the orders are for LLU it takes around 14-21 days

If you have a new phone number, then as with an IPStream move we place both the cease and provide at the same time so on the day the old service cancels the new one will start. This usually takes around 7-10 days.

If the queue jump ticket hasn't been acknowledge yet, I would expect a reply from the system later in the week. Once the bulk regrade tool re-opens we will be able to start processing orders again.
N/A

Moving house and LLU?

thanks for the info.

As for the Qjump, it was placed over a month ago (before the bulk regrade tool was taken down), and acknowledged.

Shortly after some other people on the forum were asking if theirs had been processed, and Mand ( I seem to remember) said that all the current outstanding ones were being pushed onto BT (which should have included mine).

So I have no idea what happended there. Needless to say I am not impressed, although with the number of conflicting reports on max, I'm not sure that it is such a good idea!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving house and LLU?

All of the orders were put into BT's system, however not all the queue jumps have been processed. The reason is BT Wholesale set a limit to the number of regrades they would process each week across all ISP's and then allocated every ISP a share of that figure.

Some ISP's would want to place more than their share and some less, so each ISP was able to submit a reserve list of orders so that the whole of the weeks allocation could be used should some ISP's not use some or all of their allotted regrade slots.

The orders we put on the reserve lists were the queue jumpers, some were done and some weren't. The reason is we put in more orders than there were available reserve slots from other ISP's not taking up their allocation.

With the regrade tool closing just over 2 weeks ago, no reserve list orders have been processed in about 3 weeks.

Regrades will start moving again this week when the bulk regrade tool becomes available, we'll make sure we have all the outstanding queue jump orders on the reserve lists but it's completely out of our hands how many will get processed as it all depends on how many orders other ISP's place.