cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house advice need

N/A

Moving house advice need

Moving house next Thursday and am wondering if it is better/cheaper/easier to cancel current service and start new one or transfer current service to new home. (BT line not active yet - current owners have NTL.)

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Moving house advice need

Whatever you do, use the opportunity to ditch PN.
I and anyone I have spoken to face to face think NTL are pretty good - but I have also heard a lot of people slagging them on forums etc.
timps
Grafter

Moving house advice need

Hi
I had nightmare house move 7/8 weeks before reconnection and had to resort to this forum for the first time in nearly 6 yrs with force9 / plusnet.
however things do sem to improving slowly but i advise you to definitely anticipate delays
I am not saying ditch plusnet but try and get some firm dates and an update from PN on the potential for delays

timps
N/A

Moving house advice need

I have processed 3 house moves with PN, all without problems.
Although each time, I have waited until I have moved before submitting the request.
Following making the request, all moves have taken place within the quoted 7 days.
Perhaps I've been lucky, or perhaps its worked better because everything (phone line etc) has been in place before requesting the move. Perhaps this means I have effectively bypassed all of the stumbling blocks which have held up other people's house moves?
timps
Grafter

Moving house advice need

Sallyandjames
sorry to take issue but when you you say you had satisfacory house moves previously, so have i ...
But previously is previously ...
1. this forum has been full of people experiencing delayed house moves in spite of following procedures, including myself
2. there have been specific problems with the "moving house tool
3.PN have acknowledged probs with house moves

Only right i think that the OP should be made awaware of the potential for delay given the CURRENT state of play

timps
N/A

Moving house advice need

sorry to take issue but....

Unfortunately you can't take issue with what I said - its a statement of fact. Wink

You can relate your own experiences, as everybody can, but it doesn't make my experience any less valid, just as my experience doesn't make anybody elses less valid. :lol:

All I am suggesting is that since a lot of the problems seem to be caused by inconsistency between the timings of the processes between BTW and PN, perhaps I was lucky by allowing BT to complete their work, provisioning a PSTN line, and then requesting the move.
At least then you know that you have a line installed, there is no incompatible product marker on the line, etc etc.

This avoids any chance of PN submitting an order, and having it fail - at which point the ticket once again joins the backlog of tickets for resolution/escalation.

You are right though to warn of potential delays.
Mand
Grafter

Moving house advice need

Hi there

It's much more straightforward if the line is already active. A lot of the issues have been caused by orders being rejected, incorrect simultaneous provide numbers given or system problems at our side.

We are carrying out some work on the house move tool, and will be fixing all the known issues, as well as improving it further.
timps
Grafter

Moving house advice need

Sally and james
i did not take issue with your facts... only pointed out that in respect of house moves, what happened yesterday is not is happening today
I am not here to do PN down ..i am sticking with them ...hopefully ...
i just want to advise the op accordingly in the light of mine and others experience in the here and now
I think mand's comments indicated there are difficulties being experienced
and i did say things seem to be improving in this particular area
timps