cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home farce

N/A

Moving home farce

My brother has just moved home and requested f9 to move his ADSL.

The move my ADSL tracker on his account details shows that there is a fault with the line at his new place, and that he will be emailed with progress.

This is of course ridiculous as he does not have email because his f9 account at his new place is not active !

He rang f9, waited 40 minutes for the answerphone to cut in, left a message after hearing a pre-recorded message saying someone would get back to him within 8 hours.

No one rang him back.

I checked his email for him and f9 have not mailed him at all about any progress.

His new line was due to be activated on Friday.

I raised a ticket on Saturday, and have had no response at all from f9.

If anyone from f9 is reading this then I suggest they email me directly to get my brother's contact details, so that they can ring him and explain what the problem is.

If they do not, well, they will lose another two customers.

I am utterly dismayed by the service.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Same here

Cry

I am very disappointed by the delays and lack of contact from f9 over my moving broadband to a new house.
James
Grafter

Moving home farce

Hi,

I've raised this internally for someone to pick up on and chase your house move.
N/A

Moving home farce

Cry

I am very disappointed that the target dates for reconnecting have been exceeded and I have not been given an exact date as to when it will be sorted.

Paying for a service I am not getting and not being kept reasonably informed makes me very unlikely to recommend f9 to anyone.
James
Grafter

Moving home farce

Hi there,

I apologise that we were unable to meet the expected date for the reprovision. The reprovide order has been been placed and the order is expected to complete on August 10th.
N/A

Moving home farce

Smiley

Many thanks - fingers crossed for the 10th!
N/A

ADSL 'House' move

Sad I also have had a similar experience. Having chosen to move my ADSL I too got an error with the move and the tracker advised that I would be kept informed by e mail. I duly checked the e mail twice a day for a week and nothing. Then I decided to raise a ticket anfoun lots of messages here regarfing the error. This was last week and after leaving several messages on the help 'assistant' Yes your right, NO ASSISTANCE at all.

David
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving home farce

Hi David,

I've replied to your ticket for you.
N/A

Moving home farce

i am now dreading my upcoming move. Is the proposed 10 day turn around going to actually run into several weeks?

(if i could actually get the moving tool to work. You press submit, you get a message saying "please press only once" and it does absolutely nothing)
N/A

Moving home farce

I'm currently experiencing the same problems, and it's very disappointing to see that this isn't a rare occurance.

I've been without an ADSL service for a more than a week now since a failed ADSL house move (incompatible product on the line) and have been unable to get an answer regarding the status of the re-provision. Made worse that my own means of contact with force9 is by expensive and extremely flakey dial-up service (the number of port-scans and hack attacks is astounding).

Doesn't seem to matter when you call, your chances of actually speaking to someone seem slim. Staying up till the early hours and phoning doesn't seem to work either.

All I ask is it I'm kept up to date with the progress, I understand it's not always an easy process, but the lack of feedback to support tickets is maddening.

Can someone please look at ticket 20188239.

Thanks in advance,
Allan
N/A

Moving home farce

I now have ADSL activated on the line as of last night, but it refuses to work with my username and password.

Any reason for this?
Wrong phone number in the force9 authentication system?
(It still lists my old number when I look in broadband faults section)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving home farce

Hi,

It's possible that not all of the BT side work has been completed yet, the order isn't due to complete until tomorrow. According to our logs we can't see any connection attempts coming through (there's no changes need to be made to your account to allow you to connect as it doesn't check the phone number).

I would recommend re-entering the username and letting it try to connect and as soon as the work on BT's side is complete I would expect you to be able to connect. If not contact us tomorrow and we can raise a fault for you.
N/A

Moving home farce

Good old BT Force 9 never except the blame!!!

Customer don't give a toss about the blame we just want our old customer service back.

We need to speak to someone on the phone like we used to in this case a human at F9 could of diffused the situation.

We need to be valued as a customer and not treated as an irritation

Puddy
Mand
Grafter

Moving home farce

I now have ADSL activated on the line as of last night, but it refuses to work with my username and password.

Any reason for this?
Wrong phone number in the force9 authentication system?
(It still lists my old number when I look in broadband faults section)

We're now seeing connections for you ongoing for a few hours. Are all the issues now resolved?

We need to speak to someone on the phone like we used to in this case a human at F9 could of diffused the situation.

I appreciate what you're saying totally, and as of around 2 weeks ago we have a lot more people taking calls and working different skillsets so that call queues are reduced. We think this will really help us get on top of the workload we have at present, and will ease a lot of customer frustration.

We do value our customers, and are working very hard to ensure that this is properly reflected in the things we do on a daily basis.
N/A

Moving home farce

Aye Mand.
Got it working when I tried after work last night.

Cheers for the help, much appreciated.