cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from LLU to BT because of LLU disconnects

N/A

Would there be any downtime?

I'm seriously considering giving the plusnet an option, move me back to BT (for free), or i'll pay my activation fee and leave.

I cannot cope with this LLU disconnection issue any longer, just listening the the football today was frustrating when I had to miss 10 minutes of the run up to the game, and 10 minutes of the first half of the game because I got disconnected.

This problem has been going on now for almost a month that I'm aware of, it's been raised as the highest priority and it's simply taking too long to resolve that I cannot remain on LLU any longer.

If plusnet value my custom, they will admit the problem is frustrating and move me back to BT without charge as it is acknowleged that there is a problem which is out of my hands...so why should I be charged for wanting my connection working again.
31 REPLIES
N/A

Yeah it is getting annoying. I just submitted a ticket to move me back to IPStreamMAX as the high pings, low speeds and constant disconnections on LLU is annoying.
craigbrass
Grafter

The disconnections is not the only problem. There is also the REALLY SLOW speeds for e-mail, ftp and p2p.

And thats not all, if you want to move back it takes AGES to do so because Tiscali arn't giving out MACs properly. I have been waiting nearly 2 weeks.

Now, what I have found is that if you know a Tiscali user's login details, use them to get a stable, okish speed connection. It used to kick the other user off when you logged in but now it seams to allow as many people as you want on one Tiscali account (they must of changed their systems).

Hopefully will be back on BT Wholesale soon tho!
N/A

are you guys paying to be moved back, or are plusnet doing it because of all the problem you've been having?
craigbrass
Grafter

I am getting it done for free. Put something in the ticket like "You have moved me to LLU and since my connection has degraded. Therefore, please move me back to BT Wholesale with YOU (PlusNet) paying the fee.".
N/A

When they move you from tiscali to BT, do you lose your internet connection at all?
N/A

I am also dissatisfied with LLU via Tiscalli and I asked Plusnet to put me back on BT IPstream at no charge to me. My request was refused because I did not originally opt out of LLU. So I informed Plusnet to cease my broadband service as soon as possible so that I may then move to another ISP.
N/A

Trying to get back to BT is like getting blood from a stone.

Despite the fact that my LLU connection has been down for nearly 2 weeks now (and the fact that I was migrated away from BT in April, before the opt-out was possible) Plusnet are refusing to acknowledge my requests to be moved back to BT.

This, coupled with the widespread incompetence at Tiscali (who keep changing their minds about why my connection isn't working, leading me to believe that they just cant be bothered to fix it, and who it seems aren't letting people migrate back to BT (they've got a captive audience I guess!)), makes me think that it's going to be many a week until I get the connection I'm paying for.

Quite frankly, it disgusts me.
N/A

Here is the reply I got. Looks like will have to stay on LLU. I ain't paying.:lol:

To move back to the BT IPstream network you would be required to cease and reprovide the service.
The cost to perform this process is £52.88.
N/A

I agree to the cease and reprovide, except that I have chosen SKY to provide the service and not Plusnet.
craigbrass
Grafter

For the record as this was asked, there is a period of 2 hours aprox max where there is downtime.
N/A

so £58 to move from plusnet LLU to plusnet BT, or around £47 to move to another ISP, I think I know which I am going to choose.

Does anyone know any provider who will accept tiscali mac keys, I cannot afford anymore than a days worth of downtime as I require internet access to earn money.
craigbrass
Grafter

I'd try a ticket first to try and get it for free. PlusNet have moved you which has had a detrimental effect to your connection therefore it should be THEM pay to move you back. Thats how I see it anyway.
N/A

A cease and reprovide seems to be the fastest way to leave, but can incur 7 days downtime.

Plusnet CAN move you from LLU to BT without a cease, and this is much quicker, but they'll charge in most cases unless you originally opted out, or you got moved without knowing.
bluewhale
Grafter

Plusnet CAN move you from LLU to BT without a cease

at the moment this isn't the case as tiscali do not seem able to provide valid MAC codes, at least thats whats been put on my open ticket

and so we are stuck in limbo until tiscali sort out their act, which doesn't fill me with confidence :-(