Did you mean: 

Moving from Business Premium to LLU

N/A

Hello,
I've just received this email:

Your username: xxxxxxx
Dear Steve xxxxxxx
This is an email from PlusNet to let you know about some changes to your broadband service.
As you may know, we have recently been working with a range of broadband network partners so that we can offer all of our customers the best value broadband service in the UK, as well as access to faster broadband speeds where available. As a result of this, we will be updating your broadband connection to use a new part of our broadband network on 28-06-2006.
What do you need to do?
----------------------
You don't need to do anything, we'll do all the work. While we carry out the work, your broadband and phone line will be offline for approximately 5 minutes (although in very rare occasions this could be a maximum of 2 hours). You will then be able to re-connect, using the same settings and hardware as normal.
Please note: a small number of customers have trouble re-connecting because they have the wrong connection settings for their modem/router. Please check your settings to prevent any problems:
- VPI = 0, VCI = 38
- ADSL Modulation: Auto or G.DMT
- Encapsulation Mode: PPP over ATM (PPPoA - RFC2364) or VC-MUX - NOT LLC-Based or PPPoE
- Authentication Mode: CHAP
If you have always used our recommended settings you should not have any problems re-connecting.
What happens next?
------------------
We will email you to let you know when the move is complete. There is a small chance that we will be unable to move your service; if this happens we will not contact you and your broadband will continue to work in exactly the same way as it does now.
Please check our dedicated supported page if you have any questions - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/network_suppliers.shtml
Thank you for your continued custom.
Kind regards,
PlusNet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net
This email has been sent to you as it contains important information about your service from PlusNet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.

I take it this email refers to moving to Tiscali LLU?
Since "opting in" my work circumstances have changed and I upgraded to Business Premium.
What I'd like to know is if there is any benefit for me to move to LLU from Business Premium, as currently I have absolutely no issues at all?
3 REPLIES
N/A

For info I have just received a reply and part of it is pasted below

Given all of the above information, I enquired with our Broadband Operations Team why Business Premier accounts are being migrated to LLU and the reply was that they aren't and yours shouldn't be.

Therefore I am now getting our Broadband Operations Team to cancel your accounts migration to LLU as well as raising an internal problem for our development team to find out why your account had been scheduled to migrate when it shouldn't have been.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion over this matter.
N/A

Interesting.. I think the upload speed is the same on LLU and Max Premium.. and there shouldn't be as much contention going on on the LLU network (at least while the number of punters is still low anyway)

Out of interest.. what exchange are you on?
N/A

Hi gotdsl,

I'm on the Seaford exchange.
I also thought that upload was similar - 800k but the reply clearly stated:

Upstream sync on LLU is limited to 448kbps at the moment.

Which I have to admit is the first I have heard of it at that sync rate.
Another reason that I'm glad the migration has been cancelled.