cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving domain hosting

N/A

Moving domain hosting

Hi,

I moved my domain hosting into plusnet a while back and used it for my email.

Now i want to move it out. It says it won't let me transfer out a non .uk domain. Do i even need to request permission from plusnet before transferring out or can i just change my nameserver to my new host (fastmail)?

I still pay directnic for my domain etc..

thanks
4 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Moving domain hosting

Hi,

You could indeed just move your domain, but be aware this will break things for existing PlusNet customers.

Transfering using this method, will leave the record on your account. Any PlusNet customers attempting to visit your site will get the site associated with the records on your account, and not that in the records of your new host.

If the domain is registered and paid for with another company, and simply hosted with us, then you can request the removal via a ticket.

You may want to change the name servers, and then perform the request 24 hours later, to minimise domain downtime.

Kind Regards,
N/A

Moving domain hosting

Hi

Just picking up on this old thread - if my client wants to move their hosting to another company but leave their domains registered with Plusnet (and just change the nameservers to point at the new hosting) is this going to cause problems?

Does it mean that they'd have to move the domain name too?

thanks
JonathanW
Grafter

Moving domain hosting

Unfortunately, we're not able to hold domains for registration only so if your client was wanting to change the nameservers on a domain then they would have to transfer it out fully.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Moving domain hosting

and who in their right mind would want to pay Plusnet's renewal charges :!:
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)