cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving broadband/cancelling/new ISP

N/A

I've just moved house & taken my old phone no. with me however, I was told by Plusnet that in order to move my Broadband Service to this new line I would have to pay £52 or so, I was quite surprised by this & thought of immmediately going over to another ISP that has a good deal for wireless Broadband and so would not to incur this 'moving broadband over cost'. However, when I spoke to someone at Plusnet about cancelling the service, they said I would have to pay a charge of £47 which I apparently deferred upon iniciating the service, I was not aware of this charge when I (well my partner) signed up to the service (I was so reluctant about the 12 month contract, I paid an additional charge so the contract ran month by month.)
They also told me that the £47 decreases by 20% upon every year I stay with Plusnet, I have been with them for a year, is this real?
I'm still paying £14.99 a month for a broadband service I cannot use as my laptop was stolen at my previous property & I was told that I could not just temporarily stop the service.
Also, the ISP that I want to sign up with are asking me about a 'migration code' as they have detected a Broadband service on the line however, there is no service on the line, yes it is the same number but it is a DIFFERENT phone line. Does this mean that the new ISP will be switching over my Broadband service and not cancelling with one ISP and starting a service with another ISP which is what I want to do as there is no broadband service on the actual line. This means that the new broadband cannot work?
I feel quite naive & confused about what to do so would appreciate any clarification & advice. Thanks.
1 REPLY
James
Grafter

This suggests that the *physical line* at your new house has a broadband service applied to it from the previous tenant.

Phone BT Tags on 0800-169-9576 for further information.

The charges you have been informed of are correct, it's part of the You Stay We Pay scheme.