cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving and upgrading

N/A

Moving and upgrading

Question about upgrading and moving, I am quite happy with my ADSL provided by plus net and so thought I would upgrade my connection to a faster 1 or 2 meg link, from sifting through the forums I would appear that there is currently no simple upgrade and its going to involve an activation charge, annoying but don't mind to much, my problem is I will be moving home just after Christmas and moving your connection also involves a charge I guess for activating at the new location, so its looking to be an expensive process.

What I'd like to know is upon moving can I upgrade and only incur one charge? I am in no rush for a fast connection so am prepared to wait, just not really prepared to pay too much for the priviledge.

Cheers
Sandy
4 REPLIES
N/A

Moving and upgrading

Hi,

You're correct in saying there is a charge to upgrade and there would also be a subsequent charge when you moved. This is because BT charge us as if they are doing a brand new ADSL activation. You could combine the upgrade with when you move house so you would then only need to pay one re-activation fee.
N/A

Moving and upgrading

Thanks for the prompt reply, you sort of answered my question, but just to clarify what I was getting at, does it reduce the cost, for example say its £70 to upgrade now and £70 to move in the future (don't know actual costs, just picked figures out of the air) meaning a cost to me of £140, by combining the upgrade with my move would it only cost me one charge of £70 as in effect you would be cancelling my old line and initiating a 2mb line at my new house or is it still a charge of £140 just done at once?

Cheers
N/A

Moving and upgrading

Yes, it would only be one charge of £70.
N/A

Moving and upgrading

Thanks for that, I'll do that then.

Cheers