cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving and upgrading

N/A

Moving and upgrading

Help - I'm totally confused.

I am moving house next week so will need to transfer by existing 512 service to the new address. I know I need to do this through the moving option in my account.

However, I also want to upgrade to the 1mb option. Can I do this at the same time?

Now I have to pay £65 to move my asdl. What do I pay to upgrade my account?
21 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Moving and upgrading

Hi there,

Just go through the move my ADSL tool as normal (as this automates some of the process) and then raise a ticket stating you want 1M. If you are moving house and paying the re-provide fee then you do not need to make any other payments.

Regards,
N/A

Moving and upgrading

I too am moving house and would like to upgrade to 1MB. I am currently on the £24.99 a month ADSL EasyStart. Could you tell me how much I would pay a month for 1MB and whether that meant I would have to take an additional years contract?

Thank you
Community Veteran

Moving and upgrading

It depends on what 1Mb product you choose, an 'inclusive usage' or premier package - see the broadband home product pages for prices.

Once you work out the package and it's costs, you then add £7.50 for each of the remaining months you have left on your first 12 months on easystart - The £7.50 is to continue to pay for the activation and modem included in Easystart that you are payiong over rghe first 12 months of your contract. Once your 12 months (of your original contract) are up, the £7.50 is no longer paid, and you continue the normal monthly payments as defined on the products page.

As you will be changing products as part of the move (I assume this is what you are considering), as above, not additional charge is requred for switching to broadband home.
sheffmax
Dabbler

Moving home but taking number with me

I'm moving in the next 2 weeks and hope to take my number with me. I've read that in order to reduce the time waiting for re-connection of my Plusnet account I should apply 14 days before my moving date. How does taking my existing number affect this? I will be on the same exchange so this won't be a problem for BT, I'm assuming.
Ianwild
Grafter

Moving and upgrading

Taking your number with you always results in more downtime. BT don't have a process for moving your ADSL connection, so it has to be cancelled and a new order placed. BTs systerms only allow one order per number, so the new ADSL order at the new house can't be placed until the old order has been completely ceased.

You need to give us at least 7 days notice that you are moving house, so we can cancel the line for the time you move out. We will process the reprovide as soon as the details of BTs systems have updated, whcih means there will be at least 7 days in your new premises where ADSL will not be available.

Regards,

Ian
sheffmax
Dabbler

Moving and upgrading

Thanks for that, as soon as completion is confirmed I'll start the process.
N/A

Moving and upgrading

I've just moved (across the road) and discovered that the house we've moved to is a Telewest line (after I ordered the Plusnet transfer!!)

So now BT say its going to take 3 weeks and £75 to activate my land line, plus it will cost £65 to re-activate my ADSL.

So - no broadband for a month at least and My wallet is feeling very light right now

Cry
N/A

3 weeks is such a pain!! But i've done 1 month without

Guess what? I've just moved house from central london to southgate on the 14th of august. Yes august. And guess what time 20:01 6/9/2004 i still have not got broadband. Some problem with bt though i filled in the form correctly and ironically plus net misinterpretted it (how?). I've paid the 75 quid reconnection and still no service. :?: Evil and guess what i got in my mailbox today? An email reminding me that the 19.99 payment is due for a month of unlimitted broadband usage. And what really angers me is that i used nothing because of plus net's mistakes and i still have to pay 19.99 for the broadband i could not physically use.

Now if i was you, i'll find a plan b.

Happy for any more feedback!!

And all you plus net people, i've done everything in my power, i swear to you everything from your unhelpful customer service line to the online ticket service but still no go. So don't you give me that rubbish about fault in my part!!!!! Evil

I would say if in 3 weeks time you have no broadband, quit and demand a refund which they'll never give you (which i demanded also)

[Moderators note (by Thomas): All CAPS removed (hard to read), excessive emoticons removed (distracting), and quote of previous post removed (unecessary).]
N/A

Moving and upgrading

ichigo,

Not the best way to win support on a public forum.

Whilst I appreciate your problems, posting in caps is looked upor as a bit rude and you might find some of the mods pointing you in the right direction as to forum etiquette.

regards

Mark
Community Veteran

Moving and upgrading

ichigo, I'd also make two other observations -
1. Your post doesn't give an objective view of your problems or much information about what your problems are.
2. £19.99 doesn't buy you 'unlimted broadband'.

Chris
N/A

Moving and upgrading

ok i take some back. some of the helpers here are quite useful. though the people on the phones are not.
i didn't realise this forum had so many people who actually help out. nice surprise there.
and about the caps: yes i apologise, that i didn't realise people didn't like either

well i pay 19.99 for pretty unlimitted broadband, i don't have the 1mb restriction etc. the internet service is great, don't get me wrong, but the customer service, now thats another matter

my problem is the fact that plusnet are taking since a couple of days after the 14th of August to present day to reconnect me. it does say that it would take 2 weeks: and well no apologies offered nor information in clear understandable terms about what progress is being made. my tickets keep being put on hold which annoy me so much. i wouldnt mind if they said that they are now doing this or that, even if it was nothing too major. but when one is told that it would take 2 weeks but is taking longer with no explanation or apologies (or help to speed it along on my part), i find it very frustrating. I'm sure many people would be just as frustrated with me.

with the 20 pounds billing, that is now sorted. you can ignore my rant about that

sorry to cause so much disturbance but i was quite angry and frustrated by lack of information and update really.
Community Veteran

Moving and upgrading

Lack of updates can be frustrating, especially when you want to get using your connection again, so I'm sure we all understand this. The putting tickets on hold thing - the main reason PlusNet do this is when they are waiting for BT to do something but again I'm sure we can all see the frustration on this.

Chris
N/A

Moving and upgrading

grrr annoying but i phoned bt because plusnet said there was a problem (this problem now sorted, this was part of plus net's misunderstanding) but there seemed to be none. and i dont see why there would be a problem now. and what i know is that its so obvious that we are going to have to post another ticket, see that through, post about a refund/progress report and that would again be put on hold. argh.

thanks for help people here. honestly next time i'll come here with a problem, not one of the phone liners
sheffmax
Dabbler

Moving and upgrading

How do I check on the progress of my re-connection?