cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Plusnet account to new address

N/A

I will shortly be moving from N. Ireland to Scotland and I would like to keep my Plusnet BB account at the new address. What is the procedure for doing this and are there any costs involved?
15 REPLIES
nathan1111
Grafter

Hmm, call plusNet and tell them your moving, also if you are moving and say you already have a phone in there, and know the number you can add that number. Goto My account : Connections Settings : My CLI numbers (On the right of the page) thats where you'll be able to change the numbers that your plusNet account is associated with.
N/A

Hi there,

The way to do this is to invoke the move adsl process. This can be accessed from your Account details link on the left.

This can be a lengthy process but should prove straight forward enough.

You will need to allow at least 2 weeks for this to take place.

We have managed a couple of these for clients recently and the costs were just over £60. Ours where business accounts so I am not sure of the same fee applies to residential accounts.
LiamM
Grafter

You can now move house for free as part of a similar setup to the Free Activation.

Of course, it's only free if your with them for 5 years, but then, it's worth setting up for because if you are with them for 5 years then it is free, and if you're not, you'll still save money.

Hope that made sense.
N/A

I am migrating to nildram for this very (amongst other) reason. Migrate for free, then you pay nildram an admin fee of £15 and they swallow the cost of your ADSL reprovide. They also have a very clear FUP, which is nice.

Just another option for you.
N/A

Don't know where you got that from Liam
The details are here http://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=adsl_reprovision think its very clear the charge is £64.63
Alecto
Grafter

LiamM
Grafter

It's not very clear, but an announcement was made on this forum a while back.
N/A

If that is the case, why is the "moving house" still the in the help section, and why show the charge of £64.63 :?:
Cause I will be moving house next week, so could someone from CS please clarify

Thank you
N/A

Yip Geoff and Liam are correct.
This proceedure is free for residential accounts ( :roll: ) and the link provided by Geoff is the one to read.
N/A

I don't know about that, have just had a reply to a ticket here's the information

Ticket reply
The procedures used to transfer ADSL to a new line is still the same. Basically we have to placed the appropriate orders with BT on your behalf to cease ADSL on the current line and reprovide on the new one. We can action this for a fee of £64.63 and there is a lead time of 7 to 10 days if reconnecting to a different number if keeping the same number the lead time is around double of that. Please raise your request via the move my ADSL section on the portal and we will action this for you.

Regards,
************* Agents name removed

So can anyone clarify that further
N/A

Then what the heck is this about.

have the CSC got it wrong or are we reading that announcement wrongly?

I give up.
LiamM
Grafter

The CSC agent has got it wrong. Yet another example of Plusnet's communication skills despite their recent implementation of "more effective in-house training".
Alecto
Grafter

Pn's "improvements" in communications are every bit as effective as Blair's "crackdowns".
Looks like it's down to Dave, Ben or Bob to re-educate them. Again.
N/A

OK I accept what you are both saying, lets hope someone from +net checks these posts and clarifies the situation..........sooner rather than later I hope otherwise I'm gona have to pay the money Cry