Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving ISP Advice

PhillipH
Grafter

Moving ISP Advice

Hello

Bascially i just want some advice. Im giving plus net 1 week to sort out my broadband problems. ie disconnecting 14 times last night while gaming between 8:30pm and midnight. Ive had all my cabling and router changed as i work for a telecoms/IT company (no not bt) and still the disconnects persist. It all began on my house move, so i cant tell if its my problem, plus net or line quality etc. I have no idea and nobody is telling me anything.

raising fault checker ticket is pointles. i pay PN for gaming and i cant game in comfort.

so basically if no real progress is made in the next 7 days then im moving ISP to BT and cutting out the middle man. This is sad for me because its only the past 12 months that PN has ruined their service levels and reputation.

So i need advice on moving to BT, whats the best way and quickest way to do this (with minimal downtime). At least this way ill be able to get them to line test directly and actually get some answers.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Moving ISP Advice

Just a quite note to dispel the urban myth that your connection will be better with BT since they provide the line.

BT Wholesale provide the line, and allow retailers to rent the lines to provide a service.
Two examples of customers of BT Wholesale, who rent the lines and sell a service to an end user are: Plusnet and BT Retail.
BT Retail are in a very similar boat to PN when it comes to faults resolution, OFCOM make sure that BT Retail customers do not recieve a faster response than Plusnet customers do.

That said, moving may help, on the basis that a new company may be keener to press for resolution to impress a new customer.
Another supplier may also have a better resourced customer service department.
N/A

Leaving

Im moving house next month and I certainly wont be staying with Plus Net. The slow web & P2P speeds are completely unacceptable for the money Im paying. Fortunately I've been with them over a year so I dont have to shell out anything to get out. Good luck to you all still here, you'll need it.

M
PhillipH
Grafter

Moving ISP Advice

It cant be any worse than PN.

i use minimal bandwidth ie about 4 gig PER MONTH, 6pm to midnight and i dont even get an average gaming experience.

Id even be downgraded if it sorted out these disconnects.