cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House

N/A

Moving House

I'm moving house on friday and will obviously let you know my new details. BUT, will I have a prob with my dial up as it will be from a different (as yet unknown) phone number?
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Moving House

> I'm moving house on friday and will obviously let you know my new details. BUT, will I have a prob with my dial up as it will be from a different (as yet unknown) phone number?
>

Hi,

You can update your details through the 'My Account' section of the portal at anytime. Alternatively (if you prefer), give us a call at anytime (24hr) on 0845 140 0200 and we can amend these details for you.

Good luck with your house moving...

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.................................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd....................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +
N/A

So I'll be able to get connected straight away, great!

Thanks.
N/A

> So I'll be able to get connected straight away, great!
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

If all goes well, you should be able to connect first time if all the necessary changes are made (addition of a CLI number to the list in the My Account section of the portal).

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.................................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd....................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +
N/A

Well, I'm moved, and very stressful it was too! Well after dark last night before the removal men had left, and now all the unpacking. Anyway, I can't connect using Plus Net, although my other ISP is fine. I think I saw that caller ID (maybe thats not what it's called, I mean others being able to get your number by dialling 1471)has to be enabled for Plus Net, and I've a feeling that my number is disabled in that way. Do you think that could be my prob (before I give BT a ring...)? Does the 1471 thing have to work for Plus Net?
N/A

Hi,
You will need to ensure that your phone number - CLI - is being shown when you connect to us. If it isn't, then entering 1471 before the access number will in the vast majority of cases, do this for you.
Regards

--
| Daniel Hubbard...............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------------+
N/A

I've tried that and I get "You have entered an invalid CLI number". I'll just have to wait 'till monday and ring BT.
N/A

> I've tried that and I get "You have entered an invalid CLI number". I'll just have to wait 'till monday and ring BT.

Hi,
Just to confirm for you - when you try to connect, you are getting as far as ourselves, but the CLI is withheld. As you say above, you'll need to speak to BT about what can be done to make your number available.
Regards

--
| Daniel Hubbard...............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------------+
N/A

I'll do that , Thanks.
N/A

John,

Have you tried 1470 *******

Where the stars are, please replace with the dialup number you are connecting to.

I belive 1471 is used to "hear" the last person who called your number and was just a confusion with 1470 Wink

Regards

Matt
N/A

Thanks, Matt. That's done the trick. Your help is appreciated.

JD.

> John,
>
> Have you tried 1470 *******
>
> Where the stars are, please replace with the dialup number you are connecting to.
>
> I belive 1471 is used to "hear" the last person who called your number and was just a confusion with 1470 Wink
>
> Regards
>
> Matt