cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House

N/A

Moving House

Hi,

I'm moving house in the next couple of weeks and want to move my broadband connection to the new address and phone number.
I have checked to the move my ADSL tool and it mentions that the new phone line must paid for by the same bill payee as the broadband connection.
The problem is I'm selling my house moving in with my girlfriend and she currently pays for her phone line and doesnt have ADSL I want to move my ADSL connection to her phone line. Can this still be done if her name is registered as the phone line payee and my name is the registered ADSL payee

thanks
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Moving House

Easy - get her to take over paying for the ADSL Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Moving House

that would be easy. why does it matter who pays for the phone line as long +net get their money for the ADSL provision every month
N/A

Moving House

I did the same as you. I moved to a house with a different name on the phone bill. I just registered the account to the bill payer and carried on paying by DD from my own account. It has not been a problem.
Do PN still do a "you stay we pay" offer ? If they do, take advantage of it, but remember that if you leave you have to pay the activation fee. This reduces year by year for 5 years.
Regards, John Taylor.
N/A

Moving House

Be very careful about changing any details with BT, i changed the phoneline account holders name and BT disconnected my ADSL, had to pay £47 reactivation fee.
LiamM
Grafter

Moving House

Yeah, just change the name and address with Plusnet to your girlfriend, but you keep the DD on your account.
N/A

Moving House

@ paulfinlay. I think you may be misreading me. I changed the account details with PN, not BT. I try not to get involved with those wa, err people if I can avoid it. :lol:
Regards, John Taylor.
N/A

Moving House

Just making sure u knew they were wa***** Smiley
N/A

Moving House

Most certainly grade A. What's the collective noun for them, is it a bunch, or a hand ? :lol:
Regards, John Taylor.
N/A

Moving House

thanks for the replies, i'll change the +net account details to her name