cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House

N/A

Moving House

I'd like to feedback a particular bad experience I have had and am still having. I'm a patient man normally and having working in customer support for a few years can understand that problems do happen and errors can occur that can make life difficult for the poor person who has to take a call from an irate customer. The story so far:
I have been a customer of Plusnet for about 8 months or so. I moved house, filled in the on-line form as detailed on the website with new address and telephone details and waited. Everything seemed to be going ok, until it got to the 12 day mark and nothing was happening. Checked the COntact Us tickets and found that a number of messages in there saying there appeared to be a problem as far as BT were concerned and it appeared there was already a broadband connection or a burglar alarm on the line. I said there wasn't so another few days went by and still nothing. Then after a lengthy call to CS it appeared that the "CLI" number was incorrect. I had no idea what the CLI number was but found out that it was this that PN base their orders onto BT. The last 2 numbers in the CLI had somehow been switched around by whoever in PN, contrary to what I had put in the on-line form when I originally filled it in (I thought that maybe I had erroneously input the wrong tel number to my new house, but no, it was a PN error). First point I would make: why does PN not make the link between what the 'customer' inputs as their phone number and your CLI input automatic? rather than introducing an additional process that means, as in this case, there is a chance of human error occuring?
As I say, I understand problems occur and accepted that ok I will have to wait for another 5-7days as PN re-ordered the BT connection. I waited. Another 2 weeks has gone by and still no connection. A promise of connection last Friday went by with a ticket appearing on Satuday that "BT have some problems" and it has now been referred to the BOT team. A ticket today told me they are pleased to say that the order on BT has been cancelled. Bewilderment, frustration and general annoyance occurs and I make another call to CustSupport to be told it appears that my new number had been cancelled, the original number we had left had been trying to get connected and therefore it wasn't working. I have to explain the problem again to one of your telephone operatives. Second point: when there is a problem with an existing customer, why is the history of the tickets not read?? The pupose of inputting the data in the tickets is 1) to show your custoemr what you are doing and 2) ensure that whoever is dealing with this particular case has a chance of reading the history to ensure what is supposed to happen is happening. The info in the ticket was clear, the fact nobody seemed to have read it is also clear!
I now have 5-7 days waiting to see if this simple task of setting up a broadband connection is going to work, again.
I have now paid for 2 months broadband connection and a set-up fee, none of which I have had. IT IS NOT THE MONEY, I NEED A BROADBAND CONNECTION TO DO MY JOB AT HOME!! I am spending considerably more than my broadband charges in petrol and 2 hrs a day travelling to the office to get a connection. Not happy!
3 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Moving House

Hi,

Ordinarilly, unless the customer specifies otherwise the CLI is taken to be the same as the telephone number that is entered. It would appear that in this particular situation there has been an issue with something else.

As for reading the history on tickets, this should always be done, however it isn't possible to guarantee that an agent will sit and read through every ticket on the account to ensure that there is no relevant data in it.

Additionally, I've added a response to the latest ticket raised on your account.
N/A

Moving House

Jon
I think I've hit the bad luck in all steps in this seemingly simple process. Until moving house I've had never a problem so credit where credit's due, well done. I just hope and pray that it goes through without any further delays. Having no broadband at home is now like cutting off my air-supply, sad but true.
The main point I would make is that the telephone number to be connected is obviously critical and as this is the case, maybe should be checked a little more carefully.
However, thanks for your speedy response to this matter!
JonathanW
Grafter

Moving House

Hi,

I certainly do understand how you feel about this, I know that suddenly loosing your internet connection, after getting so used to having it there, is a big shock.

I'll certainly be passing your comments on, so that we can look into improving the system to ensure that this kind of thing doesn't happen again.