cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House and Charges....

sophos9
Grafter

Now moving house and sent a ticket asking when I should ask them to move ADSL (new phone line not enabled til 2nd week October)

Shock when I got told that I have to either pay £52 upfront or tie myself in for 5 years with PlusnetHuh

What is this fee for? BT have already agreed to provision the line for ADSL and given me a reference to pass on to plusnet.

Whats to stop me either cancelling my current contract with plusnet and starting a new one in the new address or changing to a new provider to stop this nonsense charge?

Gutted or what! Evil
5 REPLIES
sophos9
Grafter

Also....

Why do you want to know if I want to keep the same number and if I want ex directory? These are BT services that have already been sorted...? Cry
sophos9
Grafter

Ok, the phone stuff is there incase I want to change my phone to plusnet.

I rang BT this morning giving and they advised that they DO NOT charge to transfer and provision a line for ADSL

Can someone confirm what this charge is for?
hitachi
Grafter

BTWholesale do charge to activate a line for adsl £47.00 + vat I think.
sophos9
Grafter

Bummer... I'm not having a dig at plusnet, just want to know what and why I'm paying before I cashout!

Guess I gotta shell out... boo Sad
Liam
Grafter

Unfortunately this is true.

There is a charge of £47 + VAT (£52.8Cool for a new line activation. This includes a house move.

We offer the ability to pay this fee right up front now... or defer £47 on your account and only pay the £5.88 now.

You've got nothing to lose by deferring really. If you stay, it'll go down by 20% a year. Otherwise you can just pay this if you wish to leave.