cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House: Period Without Phone Line

N/A

I'm shortly going to be moving house and will have a period in temporary accommodation where I won't even have a phone line, let alone one with broadband. Can I get PlusNet to stop charging me for broadband during this period, or to give me a refund? If so, what's the procedure?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Sounds interesting!

I'll be watching for an official response. (be the answer is no though!)

:roll:
csogilvie
Grafter

You can download to a PAYG account then when you move, upgrade to a Broadband account in the new house...
N/A

Won't that include a "downgrade" fee? (£14.99)
Will there be more to pay when it comes to upgrading also, as then it could be considered to be a new connection? (I know new connections are free at the mo, but howlong does that offer last?)
Also if there are to be charges, how do they stack up against the £64.99 charge for moving an ASDL line when moving house? :?
csogilvie
Grafter

To move ADSL, I believe ADSL needs to be still active at the old property (on your account) so I don't think that will work in this case...
N/A

Sorry, I didn't mean that I though it possible to use the 'move' option in this case.
I asked out of interest, as if it is cheaper, I wish I'd done that, especially since it has taken almost 5 weeks (5wk tomorrow) for my 'move' to be processed.
Especially galling since I only moved 100 yards, and can see my old house from my new front window. I am still in the same area code, I am still on the same exchange! But thats prob more down to BT than PN.
N/A

There would be no downgrade fee associated with moving to PAYG.

By the way, Colin was refering to PAYG dialup. This way, the accoutn remains open for email and such, you then simply upgrade the line to broadband when you want in the future.

The costs associated are the same, and can be absorbed through the "You stay, we pay" scheme.