cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House - BT Reference

N/A

I am moving house soon (and not encouraged by the number of negative posts!)

I have phoned BT about moving my phone number and they told me that if I gave plus.net the reference number then the broadband could be moved at the same time.

I can't find anyway of giving this reference to plus.net

HELP!
4 REPLIES
N/A

Have you had a read of this?
N/A

Have you had a read of this?

that's exactly what I'm doing. I've contacted BT and got a reference number, I just can't find a way of telling plus.net about it!
Laugh
Grafter

It's really good stuff Smiley

The problem I see is the final line
If you have a ticketing system, check that the two ends appear to have been tied together, otherwise ask by telephone. Some of the tying together might happen overnight.

Then sit and wait and hope Smiley

Telephone and ticketing in the same sentence and then they expect it to happen overnight? :shock:

Dream on :lol:
N/A

I moved house a couple of months ago and had no end of problems trying to get my broadband connected again.
I phoned BT and got a reference from them and told to give this to my service provider. I phoned plusnet and gave them this reference. They told me it was wrong and I needed to phone BT and get a different reference. I phoned BT and they told me this was the correct reference, so I phoned +net and gave them the reference number again, this time they accepted it and told me everything would go ahead on the date as planned. 2 days later I got an e-mail telling me they needed at least 10 days notice to do the move. This was 2-1/2 months before the move.
Once this was sorted out a few days later I got an e-mail telling me they didn't recognise my postcode. I explained this was because it was a new house but if they contacted BT they had all the details. This went on for a few weeks until they eventually told me everything was set to move at the same time.
So 2 weeks after we moved the broadband was eventually transfered.
In my opinion I would just move to another provider, less hastle.

p.s. In the 1st month after it was finally activated it only worked for about 5 days.

roll on next month until my contracts finished.