cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving From PlusNet

N/A

Moving From PlusNet

Without me having to find PlusNets terms and conditions does anyone know what notice is required to cancel ones contract with them?
I've had enough of their inability to provide a stable ,reliable email platform and want OUT
3 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Moving From PlusNet

The notice period required is thirty days in writing. Though for reference, the terms and conditions are linked from the bottom of every portal page, where it says 'Legal'
N/A

Moving From PlusNet

You need to give them 30 days notice (starts when you use the Help and Support and raise a ticket to get your MAC - assuming you are on ADSL, and want to switch ISP). If you have a billing date within the 30 days, they will charge the full fee.

You can request a refund of any days you have paid for that fall after the 30 days notice. When I got a MAC I asked just a few days before my next billing date, so I then had about 2-3 weeks to choose which ISP and start the migration, to be sure it was complete before the service was "ceased" by Plus.Net (*) (I left early in 2005, but came back a few months later)

(*) Now, if you don't switch ISP, Plus.Net does not automatically downgrade your account to dial-up. When you are migrated, BT Wholesale sends PN a note that the line is no longer on PN, so then they downgrade you.

The way it is now protects the user, if they choose not to switch (or just have too many things going on, like a family emergency) from having ADSL "ceased" and then having to find a new activation fee / lock in for the "you stay, we pay" thing.
N/A

Moving From PlusNet

Many thanks 'goodvalueisp'
Regards
Denis