cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving ADSL

apoorvadixit

Moving ADSL

Has someone asked Plusnet to move their existing broadband to a new address when moving home?
I think they are simply not capable of it.
I applied for migration, got charged a fee very promptly but that was all.
Now after nearly 1 month of no broadband, there is no sign of it getting done either.

And there is no response from them on my support ticket. (ID: 19851160)
All I get told is that I will be compensated for this.

To top this all, my monthly payment is taken as well. So here I am, paying these guys for a non-existing service.
Wonder if I should take my issue with OfCom?
8 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Moving ADSL

Hi there,

I've raised this internally for someone to look into it for you. Regarding the money that you have paid when there has been no service, we can either refund this or amend your billing date accordingly.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving ADSL

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay here, I'm not exactly sure what's causing the delay but there's an open ticket with our Broadbadn Operations Team to chase this up for you and find out what's going on. As soon as they have any more information they'll add it on to the ticket.
N/A

Moving ADSL

Why did I read that as "As soon as hell freezes over, we'll update your ticket" :lol:

To be fair, when I moved nearly two years ago, PN were faultless. Oh, the good old days!
timps
Grafter

moving broadband

Hi...you are not alone..i have been waiting even longer with no sign of resolution.... you have experienced exactly the same lack of action and concern as i have and i guess you too are losing the will to live
surprisingly..you have two offers to expedite matters from plusnet staf....but i advise you not to hold your breath
the most worrying aspect is the inconsitent and implausible reasons given and statements that that i have been connected when this is clearly not the case
this used to be a decent company maybe it even had a little soul now it is a mish mash of systems that don't work and cr staff who seem to find customers a bit of a nuisance

timps
apoorvadixit

Moving ADSL

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay here, I'm not exactly sure what's causing the delay but there's an open ticket with our Broadbadn Operations Team to chase this up for you and find out what's going on. As soon as they have any more information they'll add it on to the ticket.

I am afraid, there is nothing new here.
I am very well aware that there is an open ticket and I know that as soon as there is new information, it will be added.
Which is the whole point of my raising this issue here.
Its amazing that plusnet are admitting that they dont know whats causing the delay!

Only that there may not be "new" information for months and I will still be without broadband services and I will still be paying for it every month.

Infact, had I not raised this issue this far, my broadband migration would not even be started, leave alone being stalled in the middle.

I agree with sabennett here.
apoorvadixit

Re: moving broadband

Hi...you are not alone..i have been waiting even longer with no sign of resolution.... you have experienced exactly the same lack of action and concern as i have and i guess you too are losing the will to live
surprisingly..you have two offers to expedite matters from plusnet staf....but i advise you not to hold your breath
the most worrying aspect is the inconsitent and implausible reasons given and statements that that i have been connected when this is clearly not the case
this used to be a decent company maybe it even had a little soul now it is a mish mash of systems that don't work and cr staff who seem to find customers a bit of a nuisance

timps

Hi

I have already made a written complaint to their Customer Services Dept.
Once the mandatory period of not hearing from them has passed, (which will fly I am sure) I will be taking it up with CISAS and then OfCOM.
I dont mind taking them to court either.
apoorvadixit

Moving ADSL

I have still not heard back from PlusNet
inspite of being told that someone is looking into it.
How long will that take ? week, month maybe years?
fatdeeman
Grafter

Moving ADSL

I moved a few months ago, went flawlessly and inside the alloted time period.