Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving ADSL between buildings....

Robtheplod
Grafter

Hi All
Here's the scenario: We are a Plusnet customer and have two buildings which are not linked, and need to move our ADSL line between them (BT will not do it). I'm looking for the best option with least amount of downtime. I would suspect it will be to install new BT line and setup complete new account in new building, then discontinue the other line/service ?
We have a range of static IP's we would need to transfer as well - is this possible ??

Any advice greatfully received!!!

rob
10 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Rob,

The best thing to do is to order new phone line for the new building. If you no longer require ADSL at the old buildind place an order to move the ADSL service (you can do this via the portal or calling the support team) and we can then move the service to the new building.

There wouldn't be any downtime as we can place the cease order on the old line and provide for new at the same time so they'd both happen at the same time.

There is a fee to move the service of £52.88, or you can take advantage of the "you stay we pay" offer and pay an admin fee of £5.88 and then defer the rest of the cost over 5 years.

If you need ADSL at both buildings then you'd just need to sign up a new account, although you would get a new IP address.
Robtheplod
Grafter

Cheers Dave

Would we be able to keep the IP's we have ??

rob
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Isn't the You stay we pay offer only available to residential customers, or did I miss it being added for business customers? It sounds like the OP is a business customer, although I could be making assumptions!

Phil
N/A

Would we be able to keep the IP's we have ??

Yes that is no problem
Robtheplod
Grafter

so just to clarify, if I get BT to fit a new PSTN line in the new building, contact plusnet to move the account to the new line using the "you stay we pay" for around £52 - that's it ??

the customer is a business customer who would like to keep their static ip range, is this possible with this account move Huh

many thanks!!

rob
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Yes, that's it.

Keeping the same IP block should not be a problem.
Robtheplod
Grafter

can you confirm they can keep their IP block as this will be quite important...

many thanks!!

rob
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I thought I already had!

There is no reason that they should lose their IP block, unless they change their account type as well as moving premises.
Community Veteran

But they already have:

Keeping the same IP block should not be a problem.

Would we be able to keep the IP's we have ?Huh

Yes that is no problem
Robtheplod
Grafter

thanks, it was the 'should not' that alerted me!!

cheers all

rob