cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to Option 2 but no new VMU

N/A

Hi,

I moved to Premier Option 2 last Fri, but I've still got the old VMU.
Can you tell me when I can expect the new VMU?

Regards, Mark
16 REPLIES
James
Grafter

We're moving a number of people over to the new VMBU this afternoon. Assuming this goes fine, we'll do more.

So in answer to your question, hopefully soon Smiley
Community Veteran

James what was the criteria for selecting people to move over to the new vmbu?
N/A

And any idea when the rest of us will get the delayed update?
Community Veteran

Yep me too.

Been on new product since yesterday - still no vmu. Please explain the rollout plan to us in a way that gives me an idea of a worst case time to implementation for *me*

Thanks
N/A

What's a VMU. :?
N/A

What's a VMU. :?

guessing thats the new interface for stuff like View my usage
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

VMU (sometimes VMBU) is View My Usage or View My Broadband Usage. The first 600 accounts have now been moved on to the new VMBU, I can't tell you what selection criteria was, but so long as everything is OK we should be able to tell you tomorrow when everyone else will see it on their accounts.
N/A

Thanks for the update Dave, I look forward to seeing my shiny new Visual Memory Unit tomorrow Wink Do we get free Dreamcasts to plug them into?
N/A

Didn't he say he's only going to tell us tomorrow when we will see it on our accounts? So, I assume this could be some time............
N/A

Very good point, I think I'd got all misty eyed with the talk of Dreamcasts and VMU's. If things are all fine, I can't see it taking longer than a week to roll out though. Then we'd only have it 2-3 weeks after being promised, not bad by current standards.
Community Veteran

oh well looks like I wasn't part of the 600 then! Sad
N/A

I was switched to the new VMU today.

It's bloody fantastic! Finally it gives a lot of useful information, and it should really help with the new product restrictions.
Community Veteran

Now that people are actually seeing the new version, don't be surprised if the breakdown of data transfers shows data in areas that you have never used - e.g. gaming, Voip etc. There are still some outstanding investigations being carried out by PN as to why these are appearing which the PUG testing highlighted.

And for those using P2P, encrypted P2P appears in the Other category rather than P2P as it can't be determined if the data was actually P2P traffic.
N/A

What would "Other" traffic be except for encrypted P2P. The other categories seem to cover everything else I can think of.