cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to LLU, and less than 2 weeks later it's dead.

N/A

I've been with +net for 2 years. Had a 1mbit connection (long line) and it worked great, no problems. Sure the odd blip when stuff went down at +net but no big problems.

I tried to opt out of LLU but was too late as the order was in. So just short of a couple of weeks ago I was LLU'd. Service was working fine until sometime between 2pm and 9:30pm on Saturday when I got home and discovered no sync, nada, zip.

Tried rebooting, tried two different adsl modem routers, tried 3 different splitters, tried unplugging everything and using test socket. Nada, zip, no flashing sync light, nothing.

So 2 years of good service, LLU'd and it didn't even last 2 weeks Sad

Suppose it will be a test of the wonderful new support tools +net have with Tiscali - but I didn't really want to be a guinnea pig.
12 REPLIES
Nocturne
Grafter

Can you explain what the sequence was.

Were you specifically asked in advance if you wanted to opt out or were you supposed to take the initiative yourself.
N/A

It is assumed that you want it.
If not, you have to got to http://trials.plus.net to opt out.
I got an email a while ago saying that my exchange had been done, and that I may be moved to the tiscali LLU platform in the future.
Nocturne
Grafter

It is assumed that you want it.
If not, you have to got to http://trials.plus.net to opt out.
I got an email a while ago saying that my exchange had been done, and that I may be moved to the tiscali LLU platform in the future.

Many thanks
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Same happened to me twice now. On both occasions I have had no ADSL connection for four days at a time. Plusnet seem to take ages to pass the fault on and are not willing to find out what the fault was the first time in order to rectify it this time. I have again asked them what the fault was and Iam awaiting the reply. I just wish they would believe me when I tell them that the line is dead, and yes I have unplugged all items and yes i have tried other modems etc etc etc. They tried to blame the modem settings, which were correct, and in any case the ADSL light would be on. They even had to admit they gave me the wrong settings in a ticket. I am quickly losing faith with this provider, I hope you have better look
N/A

Well, so far no such luck on my ticket 19376559. I'm getting nothing from plusnet which in my opinion is hardly appropriate given my connection is dead. Not a "we've passed it on" or anything of the sort, just automated script responses from Saturday evening when I reported it. Since then nothing. Wouldn't you think that "no sync" would warrant a quicker response?
winnipeg1823
Grafter

thats exactly what I thought. On both occasions when a ticket said it had been "passed to uor suppliers" the line was re activated in a matter of hours. I must have raised over 20 actions on the ticket via phone. And, why do they always reply online when the problem is that I cannot get online, only once did they ring me
On the advice of one of the customer support reps I have requested a refund for the nine days I was off line. I'll let you know the result.
I would also keep copies of all replies, length of time etc from Plus net as this would help if you tried to get out of the contract without cost, due to the standard of service falling below that a reasonable person could expect from the provider.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I have chased up your open tickets on these issues, they will be responded to shortly.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

A customer service rep advised me to ask for a refund, the answer was

As the wholesale supplier, Tiscali, offers no service level agreement (On any level, even to business customers) for ADSL
broadband internet in the UK, we cannot make any offer of compensation at this time. No ISP in the UK can offer compensation for service outages as they are not backed by a wholesale guarantee. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, but unfortunately, our position cannot change.

Regards,
Andy Wallace
N/A

It's more than 24 hours since you said "shortly" Mand, I don't know about your shortly but mine is shorter than that. But hey, I'd like to at least confirm that my vmbu is working:

......................Sat13....Sun14.....Mon15....Tue16....Wed17......Thu18
Peak.............0K............0KB.......0KB........0KB.........0KB.............-
Off-peak......2.56MB....0KB.......0KB .......0KB.........0KB.............-
Total............2.56MB.....0KB......0KB.........0KB.........0KB.............-
Still no sync. Cry

I hope you are taking action to ensure these problems aren't repeated. When you launch the phone service, will it take this long to get a dial tone back?
N/A

"Tiscali wholesale is not the same as Tiscali Retail, it's much better" - I swear I have read that somewhere many times from Plusnet staff.

Well it's now nearly a week since my line went down. It's been referred to Tiscali twice and both times they've come back and said "it should be fine now". The latest this evening - Friday night so I guess that's another weekend without broadband and probably well into next week at this rate.

I have two adsl modems so I thought "what if I'm the unluckiest person in the world and both my modems are broken", so...
I took my modem and rj11 cable next door and plugged it into their ADSL (from wanadoo - and it immediately connected to the ADSL with no problem).

Plug it into my BT master socket with 5 different filters and nothing just "ADSL down" reported.

I have a dial tone and can use the phone OK - using it now with dial-up to type this.

This is getting rather tedious now! I can see my only option soon will be to cease and go somewhere else - It's not like I'd be missing much!

It is very disappointing, I had 2 years of untroubled sync with BT and 11 days when it was fine with Tiscali - but as soon as it busted, their ability to fix it is proving rather less than adequate.

Help!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Has your login domain been checked (username@plusdsl.net or username@plus.net)? Some peoples changed so for the lack of anything else to do you could try that - chances of success about 2%!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

That might seem worthwhile - except I have "no sync" - you can't login to the ISP if you can't connect to the exchange. No flashing sync light, no sync light at all.