cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house- no connection and appalling customer service

N/A

Hi all

I post here as pretty much a desperate last resort, in the hope of getting some attention to my plight. Plusnet appear not to care one jot, and I'm really not sure where to go from here.

I moved house at the end of June, and immediately activated a phone line in my new house. It took BT two weeks to sort this out (but that's another story), but as soon as the line was activated (14th July) I ordered a broadband move on the plusnet website. My connection was due to be activated on the 21st July, but when this date came around nothing happened. Upon check the website I discovered that there "had been a problem activating my line", and that a support team member would contact me.

By Monday, I had heard nothing, so I decided to ring. After navigating my way through the phone support system, to find an option that would get me into a queue rather than telling me to check the website and disconnect me (INFURIATING when you have no connection), I waited for an hour before giving up. I tried again later, waiting for the same period of time, before deciding it was obvious that my call would not be answered.

At this point, I decided to open a ticket on the online help assistant, ticket number 19903152. On Tuesday, a nonsensical post was made on this ticket, saying "Please advise. KO order showing - no replacement.", and the status changed to awaiting my response. On Wednesday (26th) I posted quite an angry response to this, and demanded that someone get in contact with me with some meaningful advice in the next 24 hours. No-one did. I left another post with a mobile number on it, and I am yet to be contacted. On the evening of Thursday (27th) I rang the support line, waited for 55 minutes, and just before I was about to give up someone answered! I was overjoyed, perhaps now, nearly a week after I was supposed to get broadband, I might find out what the problem was! No such luck. I was told that it was the problem of some other department, and that they would contact them and tell them to chase me. I asked for a guarantee that they would phone me within the next 24 hours on my mobile, and I was told that this would happen. Guess what, it didn't.

The next evening I phoned again, and after 45minutes or so I got another answer. I was told that there was a problem with the wholesaler, and that they hadn't got back to them yet, and that there was nothing more that could be done.

This leaves me, over a week since I should have had broadband, with no connection, no idea why I don't have a connection, and a very bad temper. Plusnet's communication has been diabolical. The only way I can get anything at all out of them is by sitting in a phone queue for an hour, and even then the support is just unhelpful. I am on the verge of cancelling my account, and finding an ISP who care about my custom. I would like to emphasise that it is not so much the lack of a connection that has riled me, more the lack of interest that plusnet appear to show in my problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.
16 REPLIES
N/A

dear sir.

Thank you for your interest in why your connection does not work (it's nice to know that SOMEONE is interested)
We are not geared up for replying to customer comments or questions, we would have to employ people that were able to help in order to do that. Instead, to save costs, we have employed a large team of monkeys.

A software upgrade in the following few years will allow our monkeys to ask more than three questions, but until then their response will be limited to one of the following. The actual response will be picked at random with no regard to any previous information supplied:

1. Have you tried rebooting your router?
2. Have you tried plugging in your router to the master socket with nothing else plugged in. ?
3. That's not our fault. We'll log it up with our supplier. They may take up to 25 years to get back to us, so you might as well give up waiting for an update on this call. In fact, I'll just close it for you now.

I am sure you are as excited about the cost savings as we are. This enables us to pass on savings to you, so that you pay as little as possible for no service. I am sure you will agree that this is a good deal for everyone.

Regards

Customer Services.

N/A

Everytime I see a thread on these forums relating to a house move, I feel sorry for the person that's moving - the PlusNet house move tool is total shit.

I empathise with you, because I had problems moving my connection as well.

Now that I'm moving back to my original house, there is no way I'm going to endure the delay and crap customer support a second time round, so I'm cancelling my PlusNet service completely.

The even more annoying part in all of this is that once you do actually get your connection working, they'll totally ignore the fact that it wasn't working for weeks. You have a right to receive your money back, but they'll just blame it on BT.

I hope everything gets sorted out. Customer support really need to pull their fingers out - they send an announcement out saying they're making improvements, but I have yet to see any improvements whatsoever. Replying to "questions" is taking up to 24hrs, if not more, so I fail to see how they ever hope to reach a target for 4hrs.
N/A

Does anybody have any idea what the average time for activating a connection after a move is? If I knew it was only going to be a few days, there wouldn't be such a problem. It's the fact that there seems to be such a void opening in front of me, with plusnet giving me no information as to how long it will be. Or even whether they can provide the connection at all! All I know is that there's some kind of problem!
James
Grafter

Hi,

I've raised this internally, and will get someone to chase this as soon as possible.
N/A

Why is this necessary? Surely the fact that the call has been logged up using the recognised procedure is enough. Why does a senior member of staff have to get involved before it is looked at?

Do you not run some kind of queuing system for working on tickets, or do your guys just cherry pick the easy and interesting ones?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
James
Grafter

We have a Comms system in place, where we have our own ticketing system, outside of the one that the usual CSC guys use.

I normally spend the first hour of so of each day generating tickets based on the issues I see in here every day.

We're a bit short on comms staff currently so it's a bit crap atm :/
N/A

James.
I feel for you. You are obviously a hard working individual that is doing his best to make something good out of the pile of crap that is plusnet.

You must feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall. So good on you for riding the storm.
N/A

Thank you very much James, I appreciate it. How is someone likely to contact me? Will it be via the normal ticket procedure?
James
Grafter

Hi Gordon,

It'll be on here and would expect your open ticket to be updated also.
N/A

Hi again.

I'm afraid this is too late now. This saga has dragged on too long. I have logged a question (19950825) asking to cancel my account, and have ordered a connection with another ISP.

If you want to keep your customers, you have to do better than this with support.
N/A

If your not happy try reporting them to the following organisation:

http://www.ispa.org.uk/cgi-bin/complaints.cgi

It might help a bit, and the more people that complain the better.

I've not had a proper internet connection since teh 16th June, and the issue is still outstanding. Customer service is awful, it's honestly the worst I have ever encountered!
N/A

Hi again.

I'm afraid this is too late now. This saga has dragged on too long. I have logged a question (19950825) asking to cancel my account, and have ordered a connection with another ISP.

If you want to keep your customers, you have to do better than this with support.

Don't think the waiting is over - even cancelling takes stupidly long.

I received a reply informing me of the fees I would have to pay. So I replied giving authorisation to take payment, and they haven't responded since I sent the ticket Saturday evening.
N/A

Well, the fastest reply I have yet received was a response to my request to close my account. What a surprise.

We do apologise for the delay in reproviding your service; please note that the matter has been referred to our Provisioning team in Question 19903152. They will be liaising with the wholesalers to complete the order as soon as possible.

I asked to leave, and they're now trying to complete the order. I don't want to complete the order now! It's not a case of wanting a connection asap, it's the awful customer service! I will be infuriated if the line is activated and I have to wait an age for a MAC code. (if my understanding of the system is correct, another ISP should easily be able to provide me with a connection providing that the line is not already ADSL enabled).
James
Grafter

Hi,

The new provide order hasn't been placed yet. If you confirm that you do not wish to have your line reprovided, then I'll ensure that the new order is not placed. However, you will need to pay the deferred activation and hardware costs from your previous activation, which stands at £83.75.

Obviously, I'll remove the charge for the deferred house move.