cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from 20:1 to 50:1 while charged £20 extra!

N/A

Hi,

I recently received a string of emails from plusnet informing me that I was put on a 20:1 contention when my account was created and now I'm being moved back to 50:1.

We informed you by email last month that we would be moving your broadband connection to a BT IP Stream product with a 50:1 contention. You were given the option to remain on your 20:1 product and pay an additional £10 per month.

As you haven't opted to remain on 20:1, your broadband connection is now being moved on to the 50:1 BT product - this may take up to 10 days and include a short disconnection.

I am currently on the "up to 8mbit" product, yes the one that takes an extra £20/month for no extra service, giving basically an "I owe you".

Now they have the audacity to say I have to pay ANOTHER £10 to stay on the service I was put on originally, I also noticed they are starting to send me these emails when this "up to 8mbit" bulls**t was conceived. Is someone in higher management trying to make as much money as possible before doing a runner or what.

Im wondering of anyone else is going through this because its NO way to treat a loyal customer, Ive remained on this 8mbit thing because I had faith in plusnet, Ive only downloaded around 15gb this month and around the same for the monthes before that, so why are plusnet treating me so badly? :x

Ive always been a devout supporter of plusnet but this is really testing me, I think I'll have to migrate just so I'm not abused anymore.
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

When we first starting offering 2Mbps Premier we provisioned customers on IPStream Office 2000 until IPStream Home 2000 was made available. It was always advertised as that the service would be based on IPStream Home and that we would automatically regrade everyone to the advertised service. However, from feedback from our customers we set up the option to stay on IPStream Office, with the price being £10 per month.

For those not choosing this there would obviously be no extra charge.

There's no reason why you can't downgrade to Premier up to 2Mbps for £21.99 per month instead for free and then pay to regrade when the faster speeds become available.
Community Veteran

But then the OP wouldn't be at the front of the queue :twisted: