cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to Plusnet from AOL

N/A

Move to Plusnet from AOL

Has anyone successfully moved to Plusnet from AOL using the ADSL modem supplied by AOL? I read somewhere about different settings. Its for a client - they have the MAC code but not sure about BT product details as yet. Thanks.
7 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Move to Plusnet from AOL

I'm pretty sure I have seen people saying they are moving from AOL in these forums, but don't know about what hardware they had. Might be worth trying the search function on these forums and see what others have said.

Phil
N/A

Move to Plusnet from AOL

I migrated from AOL and use a BT Voyager 100 modem on Plusnet, that was supplied by AOL.

The only settings that needed changing were the new username supplied by Plusnet after sign-up, and the password I chose on sign-up.

To be fair, it works better on Plusnet, than it did on AOL. Cheesy
N/A

Move to Plusnet from AOL

They're shouldn't be any problems as AOL just supply a BT Wholesale ADSL service the same as Plusnet. As goldenpeninsula said, it should just be a matter of changing the username and password (and removing all the horrible AOL software from the persons machine).
N/A

Move to Plusnet from AOL

Thanks chaps, I thought there was a MTU difference, obviously not.
N/A

Move to Plusnet from AOL

You can change the MTU if you want, but it won't effect the ability to connect to the service Smiley
N/A

Move to Plusnet from AOL

... (and removing all the horrible AOL software from the persons machine).

...which, if my experience is anything to go by, an AOL user has probably had some recent practice of, the last time the software went "belly-up" and had to be uninstalled before being re-installed. Wink
___oDiN__
Grafter

Move to Plusnet from AOL

if you have a router AOL needs it to be on 1400, but for a modem it makes no difference as far as plusnet is concerned