cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move my ADSL question

N/A

Move my ADSL question

I'm moving house and the new house currently has a BT line activated for ADSL. I have phoned to get a BT line organised for my moving in date however will I still need to pay another £58 fee for moving my ADSL even though the line into that house is already ADSL activated?
9 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Move my ADSL question

If the existing line already has ADSL activated, then that's most likely going to be with a different ISP and so you'd not be able to use it with your existing account with us. Additionally, depending on what BT actually do when they carry out the line activation that you've asked for, the current ADSL connection on that line could most likely be ceased, so you'd have to have ti reactivated.
Mand
Grafter

Move my ADSL question

If the BT line is already in your name could get a MAC code from the supplier at the new property. Otherwise when you transfer the BT line into your name the ADSL will be ceased and we will have to place a new ADSL order.

You can opt for a deferred house move if you wish which only requires a £5.88 admin fee up front.
N/A

Move my ADSL question

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. I just wanted to check either way.
I have gone through the Move My ADSL option and put in the new details and it informed me to push te button once and be patient. After doing this, it took me back to member centre but I can see nothing to confirm my request to move my ADSL to the new phone line/house. Can you see if this has been recorded?
JonathanW
Grafter

Move my ADSL question

If you can't see anything under link:contact us that referrs to a house move, then it doesn't look like the request came through to us. As such I'd advise running through the tool again and it should pick everything up this time.
N/A

Move my ADSL question

I checked there afterwards and also my email but there is no record of it. I just didn't want to run through it again in case it tries to bill me for 2 fees. I'll go through it again just now. Thanks.
N/A

Move my ADSL question

Okay, it worked this time although the earliest it will allow me to cancel my current ADSL is the 24th April although BT have my new line scheduled for the 18th April - organised an hour ago.
Please look after my web site in the meantime! Wink
Community Veteran

Move my ADSL question

Please look after my web site in the meantime! Wink

If your site means anything at all to you, then please make your own backups rather than rely on PN to look after it! :shock:
Mand
Grafter

Move my ADSL question

donka moving your ADSL has no effect on your website, this will remain as is during the move my ADSL process Smiley
N/A

Move my ADSL question

Thanks all for your help and comments, especially with regards to the security of my site since I have moved out of my old house and don't have the ability to ftp to my webpace at the moment! Wink