cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move back to BTw from LLU

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I am being migrated back to BTw from LLU tomorrow hopefully. I just wondered has anyone gone through this process and what happens. Do I need to change any settings on the router at all, and should I power down my router tomorrow, before the migration. I have asked to be moved back to a non max product ( HOME2000), as this was rock solid and stable for me before. Any advice would be gratefully received.
26 REPLIES
N/A

Yep I've had it done and it was totally painless. Went to bed, got up next day, found I was DC'd rebooted and I was back on IPStream.

No changes to settings, straight forward.
N/A

I'm being migrated tomorrow as well, which is sods law because it looks like plusnet have sort of solved the disconnection issues.

I've been constantly connected now for 21 hours on what looks to be the new ERX.
N/A

I am moving back tomorrow also. With regards to solving the dc issues, I myself am not convinced and even if they have, what confidence would you have that should some other issue arise with Tiscali that the turnaround time wouldn't be similarly unacceptable?

Weird line stats, disconnections high pings a long winded method of being able to move ISP's, I will be glad to be rid of Tiscali LLU, I can appreciate why it was done, but PN should have been quicker to acknowledge the problems and offer free moves back to ANY person who requested it, rather than making them jump through hoops, halving line stats etc.

I just hope tomorrows return to IPStream goes smoothly and hopefully I can get some faith back.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hi

Whilst Plus/Tiscali appear to have some resolution with the disconnection issue, I just dont have any faith in the LLU any more. All I want is a stable connection, for my money. 2Mb is plenty fast enought for me at the min, it was before Max, and will be now. I hope that I have no issues. Can anyone tell me how I know I have been moved back?? Will I be on a different gateway, or is there any other way to tell??

Cheers
N/A

I'm just checking my SNR, if it drops to around 8 then I'll be assuming I've been migrated.

I've not noticed any downtime yet either, so that would indicate I've not been migrated so far.
N/A

I just hope it happens while I am at work, rather than at the beggining of a WoW raid........ Shockedops:
N/A

its 11:15 and its not happened for me yet
N/A

I got moved back from LLU to BT yesterday, and now I have no phone at all (No internet, no dial tone, and so no way of even making voice calls).

Sometimes I think BT are as competent as Tiscali!
N/A

good day

ive been told ill be moved back to bt on the second of october.

seems like the new LLU platorm work - as this morning i yet to see a disconnection on LLU.

but

im still without UPstream FTP !! zero - nish ! can not upload a single file using my connection !

looking forward to be moved back to bt !! and finally resume a full service !

ray
N/A

I've not been migrated yet, does anyone know what time this sort of thing happens, or do BT continue to work until 6pm?
N/A

I don't appear to have been moved yet either. Keep the faith! :shock:
N/A

Hi,

I was supposed to be moved back today also. Saw a note on my account this morning say there was no order placed. When i asked what was going on i was told BT has the order and i've to wait another 7 days...

Have you guys checked your tickets?
N/A

same here

20th September 2006
We have now received the LLLU MAC key an order has now been placed to migrate you back to IPSTREAM this is due to complete on the :28/9/06.

28th September
This is to confirm your order is progressing fine and due for completion on: 4/10/06.

hmmm, suppose I'll have to wait a few more days then.
N/A

My move was done anywhere between 3-6am. That's when my l8nc.com graph started showing packet loss up until I rebooted at 6am and all was fine, back on IPStream.