Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Billing Date to 1st of the Month

craigbrass
Grafter

Hello,

It would be nice if an option in the portal gave the option of paying from their next billing date up to the 1st of the month (the amount of their bill that it would cost) and then get billed on the 1st of the month from then on. I have this done with a few things already including my dedicated server billing. Makes general things easier.

Best Regards,
Craig Brass
10 REPLIES
N/A

Craig, not for me it wouldn't - I get paid on the 15th so my billing date of the 18th is good for me.

I'd suggest if this is done it is on a on demand only basis.
craigbrass
Grafter

Well it would be like that. There would be an option in the portal and they can move their billing date if they so choose.

Actually it would prolly be better if people can move their billing date to whatever date they like and it auto calculates what they need to pay to achive this.
N/A

I agree that it would be useful for customers to be able to choose a billing date.
Since PN can already change your billing date, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.
Wonder if they'd do it if you raised a ticket? I would have thought so :?:
craigbrass
Grafter

I know you can already do it as I seen sombody mention it on this forum before and as you said, implementing this should just be a simple task for the development team.
LiamM
Grafter

You can already move your billing date as far as I am aware, by paying up (pro rata) until your chosen date on the next month.
craigbrass
Grafter

Yes, but the idea is to have it implemented into the portal to make it easier for people to do *winks*
N/A

Since you can already do it, I'd rather folks raised a ticket, than have to pay a developer sort it into the portal.
Would be nice to have some note of it included in the accounts help page, or build it into the contact us wizard.
Would take less dev time as well...
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

There is a fairly obvious path throught the contact us wizard now.
Billing Enquiries > Change the date or frequency of my payments > I wish to change my regular billing date

Phil
craigbrass
Grafter

O, never noticed that lol. Still would be nice in the portal. People would actually see it then.
csogilvie
Grafter

I don't suppose the number of people wishing to change their billing date would justify the development time, especially given:

Changing billing dates is not possible in all cases. Problems can arise where Direct Debit and ADSL accounts are concerned. We would ask you not to request a change to your billing date unless this is an essential requirement.