cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More lies to take your breath away

N/A

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2005856&page=0&view=&sb=&o=&v...

Apparently, since April, all Premier £29.99/£39.99 have had higher data transfer caps (150/200GB) than Premier £21.99 customers (100GB). PlusNet never actually told anyone this - and didn't even try to use it as a lever to stop Premier customers migrating to the £21.99 tariff. Can you imagine PlusNet letting all that profit melt away because they forgot to mention that the higher data allowances were in place? (They were first mentioned here by Neil Armstrong on August 18.)

And apparently, every single £39.99 Premier customer was/is transferring more data than the maximum allowed (100GB per month) under the £21.99 tariff. DT obviously forgot to check the download stats for me and my £39.99 mates - and maybe a good few of you too?

What DT is building up to with this ludicrous post at AG (and do please read the whole thread because it is positively alarming imho) is that PlusNet were doing Premier £39 customers a favour by not putting them on the £21.99 tariff or even telling them about it. Because they would then all be getting warnings for exceeding their data transfer allowances!

What really gets my goat is that PN can trot out such obvious lies and expect us to swallow them. It's so insulting - and it is symptomatic of the company's underlying malaise.

Before posting any reply here, I strongly advise reading the whole of that thread.

Simon
20 REPLIES
Metalguru
Grafter

I've just read the post.

One Question.

Why wasn't all that mentioned ....................... ages and ages ago, when this particular matter was first aired.

Something's rotten in the state of +net ?
N/A

I've just read 90% of the thread you link to and your right there are some surprising comments made.
Let me give you an insight to my account
I was a £39.99 Premier Customer
I go onto the boards to read the discussions to learn and understand more about computing and the internet
I read on the board that I could get the same product for £21,99 - here I mean exactly the same product! - that is how I read it at the time
I considered staying on the higher cost connection - the increase in speed was/ is attractive
But
1 - No idea when it will become available - could take months and I would save more than the cost of upgrading.
2- My line may not be able to be upgraded - so I would be paying to be in a queue for something I cannot get.
3- While waiting my connection would remain the same as it was on the £39.99 package

Of course over the past couple of weeks this has changed a number of times
N/A

Re: More lies to take your breath away

(They were first mentioned here by Neil Armstrong on August 18.)

August 15th to be pedantic Wink, in this thread, where I aired my thoughts on it. :lol:
Metalguru
Grafter

Good spot eleventytwo.

Now what date did Simon / Wade etc first raise the overcharging issue?

Once we know that, then we can work out how long it took +Net to think up that little gem.
Metalguru
Grafter

In fact I forgot mention.

Their initial position when overcharging was first raised, was a load of waffle about privacy / the data protection act.

When they saw that was going down the swanny, they came up with their latest excuse.

Who thinks these things up ?
N/A

"We also analysed all of our customers usage patterns and not a single customer on £39.99 Premier would have fitted into a £21.99 Premier "

This claim really is from the land of make believe, given that further down the thread it reads "90% of customers use less than 10GB per month,"
It would take a giant leap of faith to believe that everybody on £39.99 was using vast amounts of GB's and none of them were moderate users on say, less than 30GB (FUP rates if I rememer correctly). In fact I would say it would take a complete idiot to swallow that one.

Whatever your views about the wrongs or rights of the whole thing, and there are many. It's very clear that all of us are seen as gulible, ready to be spoon fed outlandish statements.
N/A

"We also analysed all of our customers usage patterns and not a single customer on £39.99 Premier would have fitted into a £21.99 Premier "

I cant understand why PlusNet would say this when they are very aware that this would be picked up by people either on here or adslguide, even people like myself who are 100% happy with PlusNet know that this is a complete lie.

The moaners & PlusNet are both telling lies, twisting the truth and making up facts as they go along, not sure when this is all going to stop, hopefully soon as PlusNet do provide a first class broadband service but their reputation is starting to take a hammering.
channel
Grafter

The moaners & PlusNet are both telling lies, twisting the truth and making up facts as they go along,

I won't comment on your assertion in relation to Plus Net, but I have yet to see a "moaner" tell a lie. Can you point to a single instance where you could back up such a strong assertion?
N/A

I cant understand why PlusNet would say this when they are very aware that this would be picked up by people either on here or adslguide, even people like myself who are 100% happy with PlusNet know that this is a complete lie.

The moaners & PlusNet are both telling lies, twisting the truth and making up facts as they go along, not sure when this is all going to stop, hopefully soon as PlusNet do provide a first class broadband service but their reputation is starting to take a hammering.

Proof, where is your proof.
N/A

funny i was paying £39.99 and this is my usage

Jul-Aug 3.08GB

Jun-Jul 4.54GB

May-Jun 4.95GB

so would i have fitted the profile Dave?
N/A

Wonder how many people in the .3% who were downloading too much, were paying for the 'extra allowance'.
N/A

and my other account

Aug-Aug 1.78GB

Jul-Aug 70.34GB

Jun-Jul 86.89GB

so thats 2 accounts that fit the £21.99 per mth profile that i can see
N/A

For the public, PN you need to answer this at http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2006887&page=0&view=expanded&... as well, a thread I made solely quoting what dt said.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Simon,

I see you still haven't grasped the economics or corrected your assumptions.

The GB figures you are quoting are the High Usage Figures. These are not the figures I'm referring to. That would be the budgeted profile figures as I said on ADSLGuide.