cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More email problems!

N/A

More email problems!

As soon as I post to the "email down" threads, you stop watching them! I still have a problem collecting my emails. I've traced it to my AVG scanner, and can connect only if I turn off email scanning, Here is the error report:
"The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 "
I didn't have this problem yesterday! What might be causing it?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

More email problems!

Have you updated AVG recently? There was a large update to the AVG system files within the last few days.

Have you checked your firewall in case it is blocking one of the AVG components?
N/A

More email problems!

You've just solved my problem. It's AVG not Outlook. Looks like my AVG is cactus. It won't update. I turn email scanning off and my Outlook connects. Ok we are getting somewhere now. Must check the router and see what's going on.
N/A

More email problems!

Thanks Mark! After reactivating AVG email scanner, my ZoneAlarm firewall asked for permission to allow AVG access. Everything now seems to be working properly.
Community Veteran

More email problems!

Glad to help Guys.