cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More bad press - PN in MicroMart

FireStorm
Grafter

I see outstanding Trading Standards action between a user that was kicked off PN for being a trouble maker and Trading standards got a mention in micromart.

Apprently they breched their own T&Cs by phoneing him to tell him he was off and yet it clearly stated in the T&Cs that action like this would be conducted offically by email or post.

Poor plus net..

Thats MicroMart 867 - page 62
9 REPLIES
Metalguru
Grafter

I think this is it here :-

http://www.micromart.co.uk/default.aspx?contentid=a43c7a42-e0d9-4351-a5cc-e6f5763ff53b&newsid=2681

That data protection act can be a pretty tricky thing to adhere to apparently, as PlusNet have found out after warning one of their customers that his account was going to be killed off by phone. Now, that might sound a little strange, but they've fallen foul of their own T&C's which clearly state that they'll only use a customer's email address to contact them regardless of the type of problem that needs clearing up. With them having taken Mr. Womersley's number solely to provide him with 'net access and then having decided to contact him via phone to tell him he was offline for bad behaviour after dissing them over their tariffs, they've gone and put their foot right in it. Mr. W is more than a little miffed and has threatened to get Trading Standards and the Data Protection Agency in on things to help him out. PlusNet are sticking to their guns though, saying that seen as they followed up the courtesy call with a letter that they haven't done anything wrong. This could get messy!
N/A

Quality publication, by the looks of it:

"The very latest happinings in the IT world brought direct to your desktop, courtsey of Micro Mart's regualary updated news reports"
OldDave
Grafter

Not exactly front page news and not very interesting
Just another member of the perpetual moaners club
N/A

oooopsss Shockedops:
suec45
Grafter

WHat a crime, to use the phone and tell someone in person, rather than use an impersonal email which tells the person they can NOT phone them.

I'd rather take the phone option.

I have experienced the 'email' only ISP's and they suck majorly. Cannot complain over the phone OR talk things over.
Metalguru
Grafter

So let me get this right.

It's OK for +net to phone you (breaching their own data protection policy) to kick you off their service.

But they can't phone you, or contact you in any way (because of their data protection policy) to tell loyal long serving customers that (due to new products they now have, changes in T&C's etc) they are now paying over the odds for their (old) +net service.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Quality publication, by the looks of it

Snigger Wink
FireStorm
Grafter

Its not the crime, i mentioned this because the last thing PN need right now is more bad press.

This post was not intended as a flame!
N/A

And all of it will ask questions about people being phoned when they ask for their MAC.

You might prefer to be phoned suec, so why do they write and complain if you go over acceptable usage? Why don't they phone and discuss it. Well one reason should be that they do not have our permission. When you tick a box saying you don't want junk mail, should you still receive it? Here PN promised in its T&C's not to phone, they should not and should not be allowed to do so.

Good luck, pr100.