cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator selection

Alecto
Grafter

Moderator selection

Congratulations to Liam on his career move.

However, might I suggest that in order to avoid a rush of jobseekers to the vacant moderator post and, more importantly, to ensure their impartiality, Plusnet agree not to offer employment to any forum moderator for at least a year after they have ceased to be a moderator?

I'm sure it is most unlikely to happen, and certainly doesn't apply to any of the existing mods, all of whom are admirably objective and impartial, but it strikes me that if moderating here is seen as a drawn-out job interview with Plusnet, then moderators may find their objectivity on problem issues severely tested.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Topic title altered so as not to be exactly the same as the announcement which may have caused confusion.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Moderator selection

Geoff,

The role of moderator is not in anyway a test period or drawn out interview period to gain employment with Plusnet. This however doesnt mean to say that one cant apply if they wish.

Personally I think that the packages offered by Plusnet are very handsome and is hard to turn down if offered. Well thats round this way anyway, jobs round here either stink, dont pay enough or are genuinely suicidly depressing.

I dont think that any of this comes in between the views of a moderator, and their actions. Heck if you read through my history youll see that I have, and will do so again if I have cause to, given my view of displeasure if the service is not right.
For the most part though, everything has been right, and I for one ( I cant comment for the others ) cannot campaign for something that I havent experienced or suffered from.

Anyway, as seen as the thread is so well named, we may aswell use this thread to debate other issues etc.

Regards,
Alecto
Grafter

Re: Moderator selection

certainly doesn't apply to any of the existing mods, all of whom are admirably objective and impartial,

What I meant, Tom, was that if the possibility of employment with Plusnet were not present, then there would be no temptation to brown nose for people with less moral fibre than yourself.
N/A

Moderator selection

Understood...
N/A

Moderator selection

I would have thought that being a moderator would be largely irrelevant when it comes to recruitment by PN.
The jobs are there for anybody to apply for, and any customer (moderator or not) can post here in any way they like (within the rules).

Mods only enforce the forum rules, and attempt to maintain the spirit of reasoned debate.

Is there a history of mods going to work for PN? I though Liam was the first? :?

EDIT: Missed the bit about brown-nosing whilst typing my post. Care to elaborate?
N/A

Moderator selection

Nah,

There was Phil also ( acarr ) who left and despatched for Plusnet about 1 - 2 years ago if I remember rightly.

lol I think the Brown Nosing mention is meant to be left to the readers imagination lol.

Regards,
N/A

Moderator selection

Hmm, sadly I often lack imagination until later in the evening. (Once the jolly juice kicks in Wink )

I can have a word and see if they can add the exclusion to the job descriptions if you wish though... I expect Geoff will be right with the answer though. LOL
Community Veteran

Moderator selection

There was Phil also ( acarr ) who left and despatched for Plusnet about 1 - 2 years ago if I remember rightly.

It was within the past year or so although I can't remember dates...
Alecto
Grafter

Moderator selection

And remember how you all get upset when people think you're employed by plusnet? I know you get a free connection and free computer, but that's all.

Imagine if they said "You're only siding with Plusnet to get a job with them" :roll:
N/A

Moderator selection

You missed the share options and pension!
(Although the shares ain't worth a deal these days!)
N/A

Moderator selection

You missed the share options and pension!
(Although the shares ain't worth a deal these days!)